GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: SEO: how to add & edit titles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First I would like to thank you all for this simple and strong CMS -- it is almost everything I need for my small web sites.

Anyway, I still have one problem: is there a simple way to edit page specific titles? I would love have different titles to be shown on the page and in the <title>.

Greetings,

Mikko
If I understand you right, you do not want to have the title repeated in the content of the page

so, you can always do like this:

1) define the title in the page options
2) do not use the page title in your page template, but add your own title in the editor

is that what you want? Which template to you use?
Thanks Connie,

I'm using Cardinal theme -- I simply deleted the <h1><?php get_page_title(); ?></h1> from the template.php and it did the trick!

This seems to be a perfect solution for small business websites Smile
Mikko,

I am glad you got the solution!

And you are right, this IS a good solution for small business websites, even for bigger ones as well ;=)
Thanks for the review MikkoP.

To take care of this SEO requirement, i usually install custom fields, create a "Browser Title" field, then call that field in my template's header <title> element.
Use plugin l18n Custom Fields. Define text field for seo title and replace default title code with the one from Custom Fields. It could looks like:

<title><?php get_custom_field('seotitle'); ?></title>