GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: News Manager Extended and Archiving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of building GS for my football website, I am building it on localhost using Xammp. Before I move to being live

The main work of my site is News posting,

I have installed News Manager Extended with works fine for what I want except one thing, I will need an archive feature so people can check back on the news.

What would be the best and hopefully easiest way to go
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/news-manager/43/
see archive component on the right side on demo page
gordo,

because of home renovations I was not so active in the last time, and so I also oversaw your question.

Like yojoe pointed out, it is not difficult to do it.

At get-simple.de we have the blogarchive + last news in the sidebar when the blog is active, otherwise only last entries:

Code:
<!-- Nur auf der Blogseite Blogarchiv und letzte Einträge anzeigen, ansonsten Letzte Einträge -->
    <?php

if (return_page_slug()!='blog') {

echo '<div class="section">';
            echo '<h2>Letzte Blogbeiträge</h2>';
            nm_list_recent();
            echo '</div>';

} else {

echo '<h2>Letzte Blogbeiträge</h2>';
            nm_list_recent();

echo '</div>';

echo '<h2>Blog-Archiv</h2>';
            nm_list_archives();
            echo '</div>';

}

?>

the archive is:
Code:
nm_list_archives();
many thanks

got it working perfectly.. just what I wanted.. why the heck I couldn't work that out. I don't know.

It's like the template, I have changed nothing for the footer but yet after a couple of saves, the footer will not display correctly at all.

As I am testing on localhost I cannot show a link but here is the template file attached.
gordo Wrote:many thanks

got it working perfectly.. just what I wanted.. why the heck I couldn't work that out. I don't know.

It's like the template, I have changed nothing for the footer but yet after a couple of saves, the footer will not display correctly at all.

As I am testing on localhost I cannot show a link but here is the template file attached.

E.g. the last <a> in right footer is closed with a </p>.

You should use a validating editor - e.g. Notepad++ (Menu TextFX/TextFX HTML Tidy - and a tool like the WebDeveloper toolbar for Firefox (Menu Extras(?)/Validate local HTML) to find errors like this easily.
thanks, I had the start of a dam migraine, which eventually passed off at 3.30am this morning, that often effects my eye sight.

I will be having a look at what you suggest and appreciate the help.