GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Session ID in links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why is getSimple putting session IDs in my links? is there a certain plugin that is doing this? I have a simple site that all I need is searching of a handful of articles to aid in normal navigation. I understand the reason for sessionIDs but not in this case.

list of plugins:

Auto-open Page Options
Theme Highlighter
Pages XML - disabled
Innovation Theme Settings
Google map
DynPages Replace
I18N Navigation
I18N Search
Cached Navigation - disabled
I18N Base
URL would be helpful

Do you get these IDs when you are logged in or not logged in?

Normally there is no such id in the links, check our site: www.get-simple.de
83pickle Wrote:Why is getSimple putting session IDs in my links? is there a certain plugin that is doing this? I have a simple site that all I need is searching of a handful of articles to aid in normal navigation. I understand the reason for sessionIDs but not in this case.

list of plugins:

I18N Base

I18N allows you to store your preferred language in the session.
And php doesn't seem to have a function to determine if there was a session id sent by the user, so a session must be started in any case.
Okay the I18N Base plugin makes sense why it needs a sessionID. I am not using it, so I disabled it and my links are clean. It just looked messy plus, I would never generate a session ID via a url.

Thanks for your help.
83pickle Wrote:Okay the I18N Base plugin makes sense why it needs a sessionID. I am not using it, so I disabled it and my links are clean. It just looked messy plus, I would never generate a session ID via a url.

Thanks for your help.

I assume that you have cookies switched off in your browser, because normally php uses cookies - and the plugin is using the standard php functionality.

Be aware that just switching off I18N Base might cause side effects (because it is still loaded). You better delete it instead.
I have cookies enabled. I can dig through that plugin's code I guess to see if it tries a cookie first or just jumps to a sessionID. Then I will delete it.
83pickle Wrote:I have cookies enabled. I can dig through that plugin's code I guess to see if it tries a cookie first or just jumps to a sessionID. Then I will delete it.

The I18N plugin just uses session_start(). Maybe it's one of the other plugins (not created by me) or you have a server setting preventing cookies.