GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Display Timestamp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope I am not being a thicko, but is there a function that displays the time of a news post ? I get the date fine, but need the time also.

My site is a football related (Norwich City) with there being so many sites similar to mine and to safe guard my posts the time needs to be there, as this save other sites/webmasters from saying I pinched their posts because they posted it before mine.

Hope that makes sense

Using ArttonF theme with news template, adapted a little to suit my colour scheme
gordo Wrote:Hope I am not being a thicko, but is there a function that displays the time of a news post ? I get the date fine, but need the time also.

My site is a football related (Norwich City) with there being so many sites similar to mine and to safe guard my posts the time needs to be there, as this save other sites/webmasters from saying I pinched their posts because they posted it before mine.

Hope that makes sense

Using ArttonF theme with news template, adapted a little to suit my colour scheme

Which plugin do you use for news?
news manager 2.2.4
I think you just have to add your time format in your language file for News Manager (the last entry)
Something like that :
Code:
# date settings
"DATE_FORMAT"         =>  "%b %e, %Y %H:%M"
More formats here : http://fr.php.net/strftime
many thanks Lithie, worked like a charm

appreciate the help