GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Tags and keywords - page options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for asking that, but can't find any answer in the wiki or forum - does the page options field "tags & keywords" is or may be used for anything else then <meta> tag contents in html head?
Ampersand Wrote:Sorry for asking that, but can't find any answer in the wiki or forum - does the page options field "tags & keywords" is or may be used for anything else then <meta> tag contents in html head?

In basic GetSimple not, as far as I know - unless you display them somewhere else in your template.

If you use plugins, they are used for various tasks, e.g.:
  • I18N - filter pages view for faster access
  • I18N Search - tag cloud, search content by tag, see here and here
  • Pagify - specify parameters for plugin, see here
  • Site Users (in development) - authorize users based on tags, e.g. anonymous users can't access pages tagged with _protected
  • Special menu/navigation needs - associate pages with other pages, see here
These look handy. I'll start to fill up tags then. Hope to use some of the above when my site gets larger than current 11 pages. Wink

BTW - is it possible to define a tag "donald duck" or you can just define "donald, duck" as two separate tags? In other words is it possible to define a tag as a string with a space character? I mean for future search purposes.
Ampersand Wrote:BTW - is it possible to define a tag "donald duck" or you can just define "donald, duck" as two separate tags? In other words is it possible to define a tag as a string with a space character? I mean for future search purposes.

It is possible, although I18N Search replaces blanks with _ during indexing. But this should be no problem, if you use the supplied tag cloud and tag selection functionalities.