GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Menu Description
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I'm new here, and I'vound GetSimple to be great, but I'm stuck on one thing: Menu Descriptions.
(if you're wondering what I mean by 'Menu Description', look at http://www.kriesi.at/archives/improve-yo...enu-output).

I've been trying to modify the edit.php admin file, to allow for something similar to a custom class for each pages' menu, to little success. I've also tried modifying the theme_functions.php file to change the format of the menu so that (when rendered) it appears like so:

<li class="..."><a title="..." href="...">Home<span class="description">The Main Page</span></a></li>

Would anyone be able to help me out?
Thanks,
Joe
1. default GS menu function is able to create only a flat menu bar (I don't not if this has changed in v3.0/3.1)
2. look for Mvlcek's i18n plugin in extend. It contains an advanced menu plugin, and should solve all your problems at once Wink
yojoe Wrote:2. look for Mvlcek's i18n plugin in extend. It contains an advanced menu plugin, and should solve all your problems at once Wink

I fear, it doesn't: it shows hierarchical menus, adds as class the slug name, adds the page title as title attribute, but does not add the description.

You could use the plugin's function return_i18n_menu_data and then create the appropriate HTML yourself, but as the description is not cached and not included in the output of that function, you would have to read all page files to get the description, which might be slow if you have lots of pages.
Thank you yojoe & mvlcek - I'll take a look when I get back from work!