GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I Miss SpellCheck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I have added custom toolbars to the WYSIWYG and added spellcheck as a option.
But I was wondering, why doesn't GS have spell check turned on by default and check spelling automatically in the WYSIWYG like Wordpress does?
tyninja Wrote:Okay, I have added custom toolbars to the WYSIWYG and added spellcheck as a option.
But I was wondering, why doesn't GS have spell check turned on by default and check spelling automatically in the WYSIWYG like Wordpress does?

GetSimple is a CMS targeted to small web site, which mostly have infrequent changes and a spell checker would not add much value, but quite some size.
Additionally from the discussions here in the forum I would estimate that at least half of the users have non-english web sites and wouldn't have any use for an english spell checker.
tyninja Wrote:why doesn't GS have spell check turned on by default

because it is better when people know orthography by themselves ;=)

as already answered, every option, every feature an be added to the editor, and how to do is described in the WIKI, http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:wysiwyg_editor
If you you use firefox as your browser. While use are using the the editor in <>source mode the built in firefox spell checker will spot any mistakes. But it will also highlight the markup syntax as well.

The easiest way would be to use a word processor to finalise the text then paste into GS.
By no means the best solution but a work around none the less.
LogJam Wrote:The easiest way would be to use a word processor to finalise the text then paste into GS.

If you do so, please be aware to use the PASTE FROM WORD button in the symbol bar! If not you will get such a big mess when pasting from WORD thaht you will be happy to have some spelling errors compared to that ;=(
I added the description how to enable the built-in-spellchecker in the WIKI

see here: http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:edito...spellcheck
Attention:

There is a bug in CKEditor SpellChecker's plugin which you should be aware of:

if spellchecker is enabled and the cursor is placed in a list (whether unordered or ordered list), do not switch to SourceCode mode!
When switching back your list will be "destroyed" because the spellchecker plugin adds superfluous list-elements to the source code

I tested with the newest CKEditor version (3.6.2), the bug is still there
this is no GetSimple bug, so we have to wait until that bug is fixed in CKEditor