GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Scramble email address in tagline (subtitle) with javascript or image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I want to write my email address in the subtitle tagline, but hide it to robots.
  • An image with the address works, but formats not correctly, I think this is an html problem.
  • Scrambling it with javascript like described in HIVELOGIC.com doesn't work. The tagline doesn't show any javascript at all.
  • I am not shure if the p01-contact plugin hides the address, so I prefer scrambling with the two methods above.

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Regards Matthias
Matthias,

1)
if you name us the name of the theme, which you use, maybe somebody can help you with the HTML for the integration of the image

2)
Mail adress is better, visitors can click on the mail adress and write their message
you can always use an email obfuscator service to "scramble" the mail adress and enter the result into your template, why not?

here is one of these services:
http://www.albionresearch.com/misc/obfuscator.php

even better, you can include the 2 variants from that service, the one without javascript in <noscript>-tags

Cheers, Connie