GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: plugin issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few plugin issues I am noticing.

I am on v3.0

I have a few plugins installed, and I notice that they stay enabled regardless of what I set the plugin to.

For example the dynpages plugins and the php_exec plugin.

Why is this ?

Also the php_exec plugin breaks content filters.

And how do people keep up with their plugin versions, I noticed plugins have no links to extend or any documentation assigned to them.
shawn_a Wrote:I have a few plugins installed, and I notice that they stay enabled regardless of what I set the plugin to.

For example the dynpages plugins and the php_exec plugin.

please be more exact, which ones?

It is known that the php_exec-plugin can collide, I would not use it
you can use components to add php to your site (and dynpages to integrate them in pages instead of templates)
Sorry, had some listed but must have edited them out.
I Thought this might be a known issue already.

I went ahead and removed all plugins except the following plugins

I18N 2.5.1
I18N navigation 2.5.1
Dynpages 0.7.2

Switched to innovation theme.
If I disable any of these they continue to work.

I'm trying to narrow it down but it hard to remove I18n on a live site.
I don't know if its one of those that break the others, or all content filter plugins that stay active.

Ill try getting a default install setup to test with if noone else sees this or has an idea.
It seems you cannot disable content filter plugins.

I removed all plugins, wrote a test content filter, and confirmed I cannot disable it in the plugin manager.

Code:
<?php
/*

*/

$thisfile=basename(__FILE__, ".php");

# register plugin
register_plugin(
    $thisfile,                                                     # ID of plugin, should be filename minus php
    'Content Filter',                                                 # Title of plugin
    '1.0',                                                         # Version of plugin
    'Shawn Alverson',                                                # Author of plugin
    '',                                 # Author URL
    'Test content filters',     # Plugin Description
    '',                                                     # Page type of plugin
    ''                                                  # Function that displays content
);

# activate hooks
add_filter('content','debug_content');

function debug_content($content) {
    error_reporting(E_ALL | E_STRICT);
    ini_set('display_errors', 1);
  return $content . "CONTENT FILTER TEST";
}

?>

There is no $live_plugins check in add_filters() in plugin_functions as there is in add_actions.
This is a known issue with 3.0 and is fixed in 3.1 (soon to be released)
Oh ok, I did not see a bug report for it, or anything in SVN to indicate it was known issue or fixed.

By "cannot disable" i mean the plugin disables, but it continues to work regardless of its status.
Hi Shawn,

The way the plugin files are read in in 3.0 some functions are run regardless of whether they are active or no.

it was fixed in r483, I don't think there was a bug report logged for it....