GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Venice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,
this is my first theme developed out of a template published at codrops( i highly recommend this site to you).
If you have any questions concerning the theme ask Wink

I hope you like it.

P.S Its valid html5, don't worry
great that you did it!

I am a great fan of codrops, I love what they do and I loved this template

I will try your template for sure

Cheers, Connie
m1k3y Wrote:Hey there,
this is my first theme developed out of a template published at codrops( i highly recommend this site to you).
If you have any questions concerning the theme ask Wink

I hope you like it.

P.S Its valid html5, don't worry

Sorry for my english Smile

Very beautiful and interesting, but I have problems: the links are inactive and not working the photo gallery (Gallery 18N). Too bad, I hope you can solve
hi
I also tested this theme and noticed some thinks:

- the links are not displayed, not working
- there is no sidebar for the menu, whereas the original site has a menu at the left
- you really took off all the sexyness from the original ;=?)

1)
there is no description how to integrate the background-image

2)
there is no description how to get all the nice gimmicks to work which are available in the original

for example the great idea to integrate a googlemap in the page "visit us"

3)
the photogallery (our menu => thumbnails => photogallery) is totally missing

4)
the menu in the original is in the sidebar, only the slogan (Site name) is in a black square on the left side, on top of the sidebar

you made the menue horizontal, thus a big ugly black bar sits on top of the page, destroying the overall background image

conclusio: this a poor adaption of a great layout

I do not want to be harsh in general, but we need quality templates, and this one is not good quality

please work it over
HEy calm down..its my first template... and i dont need this extra functions
and i have no time to fix you issues, for me everything works, and i thought i share my work
hi, I never sayd you shouldn't use this template and everybody has to learn for sure ;=)

but:

you should not publish it in the theme repository, there we collect good and working templates for all users
and we need good quality there
sure you accept that your template does not qualify for that.

when you have a working version, with menu at the right place, with the gallery functioning, with an explanation where to set the coordinates for the map etc., you are very very welcome to upload the theme again,

in the meanwhile I ask you to take it off from the theme repository
I removed it... but its my adaptation of the original, so the menu isn't in the wrong place Smile .... don't you think you're to harsh to new theme developers... i mean open source lives from the community and erverybody makes mistakes and i learn by doing
I am not harsh (even it is sounds like that), but sometimes it is necessary to be honest

I spent quite some time to check your theme and compare it with the original
Your menu was placed wrong, it appeared in the top of the page, not beside the content (if you say it is your adaption, you are free to call it like that, but that is no working template for a multitude of users)

you are always welcome to present your work, for this we have the section "sites using Getsimple" and there you can offer your theme for download as well

but to have it in the extend section, it needs more quality

I hope you can continue with the theme, add readmes, tell how and where to define the map coordinates and integrate a working gallery
that would be great

yes, the community lives from contribution, and I am sure I am not only criticising, but also contributing a lot

a good product like GetSimple needs quality and open criticism is better than polite small talk ;=)

now, enough of many words, I think everything is said already, you are welcome to contribute, but at the right section

Cheers, Connie