GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: updating single page of website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Newbie here so, please be gentle.. Smile

I've got a website that I built for a client who's a local musician. It uses a really simple XML file to generate the gig listing page and I'm looking to build a simple CMS solution to update it so I can hand the site updates over to him and not have to update the XML file manually.

Is GetSimple what I'm looking for to let me do this? I have to say, I'm completely lost at the moment and not really sure where to start so, if I'm getting the wrong idea of what GetSimple is about, now is the time to tell me...

cheers
you can use GS for that
and to add new gigs on top of the top list you can use plugins, f.e. the news or the list item plugin

you install it, define the layout, create the site structure and after that you create a user for your client which allows him to edit and update pages (multi-user-plugin)
so when something changes, he can update himself

just do a test-install, it takes you 5 minutes and find out how easy it is!"
Cheers, Connie
Sorry but I'm completely lost still. I've installed it and am looking but all I can see is the ability to build *new* pages and update the text on them but only in a limited way. I can't see any way to "import" an existing XML document and then be able to edit it...
my friend,

for sure there is no import-function for any xml-files whatever ... how to identify the structure of any xml?
The names for nodes and childs are free, so there are milllions of xml-node-names etc.

what you can do is to open the existing page in the "old" system, and copy and paste the content into a new page in GetSimple (either in WYSIWYG-mode or in Source-mode)

that will not be too much work
I had to do this for websites with 20 and more pages and I managed that ;=)

Cheers, Connie
I've looked a bit more but, I really don't think this is the solution that I'm looking for. Thanks anyway..