GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: WYSIWYG does not work [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have installed CMS. Everything goes well just can not under any browser (FF, Chrome, IE) to run WYSIWYG editor. When he set up, so when editing pages I can just edit the caption and options. The actual content then ever. When I turn off the WYSIWYG, so I can edit the HTML.

Do not know what the problem might be? PHP on the server is version 5.2.17.
there are some posts already with non-functional editor, did you run a search here in the forum?

What is the server's health check? tell us the results, please
FrantaB Wrote:Hello

I have installed CMS. Everything goes well just can not under any browser (FF, Chrome, IE) to run WYSIWYG editor. When he set up, so when editing pages I can just edit the caption and options. The actual content then ever. When I turn off the WYSIWYG, so I can edit the HTML.

Do not know what the problem might be? PHP on the server is version 5.2.17.
I've had similiar issue. Regardless of "Enable HTML editor" check state - pages was presented as pure HTML code and there was no WYSIWG format buttons.

I've found a bug made by me in GSCONFIG.PHP
Line:
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', 'entities=false');
should be:
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS', 'entities:false');

If that's not your problem - try to comment lines mentioning GSEDITOR and see if it will help.
Then try to uncomment one by one and then you'll be able to locate bad one.
So I tried to install and south sites and is not displayed anywhere Editor: (Tested from other systems and browsers: (

Find attached the phpinfo
FrantaB,

first to check is the server health check from inside the administration

have a look there and tell us whther all is ok or not

I am too tired to study phpinfo in the moment, and as I wrote. first server health check, please
Here everything is in order. It does not display any error. Everything is O.K.
please add [SOLVED] to the topic of your first posting
Meaning that the application does not show errors. But in fact, the editor still does not work: (... I can send you access to the administration of access to the PM?
yes, do it, I will have a look this afternoon, ok?
Sent PM. When you have time, so try to look at. Thank you.
I logged in and tested

the editor (basic version) was there and fully functionable

[Image: frantab.jpg]

Cheers, Connie
Already know where the problem is. If I set Czech for administration, so the problem appears. In the English version is o.k.

The error was in the wrong file translation CKEditor. Thanks so much for your advice.
I am glad that is fixed for you now

I didn't know that you used czech translation file, as I once edited the german file and tested and once I had a problem with that as well

so we have to remember this as a possible cause;=)

Cheers, Connie
Hi, I've had also the same problem and I think one thing should be mentioned a bit loudly. Once you use your language file, everything is OK. BUT - this file contains a variable CKEDITOR_LANG with a link to source of editor translation.

And here comes the problem. Your WYSIWG area disappears until you change this variable back to english or copy your local .js language file also to editor's directory.

So not only problem with some possibly corrupted language files, but also a need to check not one, but two language settings and its files Wink
hokic Wrote:Once you use your language file, everything is OK.

Hokic,

welcome here! Do you mind to add this to the WIKI?

I created a (empty) WIKI-Page for that:
http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:edito...figuration

I would be very grateful if you add the info there!