GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: How do I add content to "modules"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm finishing up a theme that has a multi-column layout on the homepage. I would like to be able to edit the content in these "modules" from the backend. What I've done for the time being is just add that block of code to the backend post for the homepage.

Is there a way to show multiple posts or a plugin for modules or something like that?

My idea initially was to just make each column a post, but then I realized I can't control which post is shown (unless I missed something).

Here is the site: http://tampatreatmentcenters.com/

Notice the 2 columns to the left of the contact form. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe a plugin was already built for this?
sdiggles Wrote:I'm finishing up a theme that has a multi-column layout on the homepage. I would like to be able to edit the content in these "modules" from the backend. What I've done for the time being is just add that block of code to the backend post for the homepage.

Is there a way to show multiple posts or a plugin for modules or something like that?

My idea initially was to just make each column a post, but then I realized I can't control which post is shown (unless I missed something).

Notice the 2 columns to the left of the contact form. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe a plugin was already built for this?

You could do what I just did for my 'simplicity' theme. I made a plugin for the theme and just placed 2 wysiwyg's on a page called 'edit sidebars' (see here for screenshots). You should be able to mimic this from using my plugin as a base. If you go with this option, let me know and I could assist you.

Edit: FYI I currently have a sidebar plugin I am building for my own use that I will also upload to the extend. It will function very similar to wordpress's widgets manager and will allow other plugins to include sidebars as well. Added bonus is drag and drop ordering. This will be released after my updates to my multi user plugins in early 2012
mundakamaalhai Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:
sdiggles Wrote:I'm finishing up a theme that has a multi-column layout on the homepage. I would like to be able to edit the content in these "modules" from the backend. What I've done for the time being is just add that block of code to the backend post for the homepage.

You could do what I just did for my 'simplicity' theme. I made a plugin for the theme and just placed 2 wysiwyg's on a page called 'edit sidebars' (see here for screenshots). You should be able to mimic this from using my plugin as a base. If you go with this option, let me know and I could assist you.

Edit: FYI I currently have a sidebar plugin I am building for my own use that I will also upload to the extend. It will function very similar to wordpress's widgets manager and will allow other plugins to include sidebars as well. Added bonus is drag and drop ordering. This will be released after my updates to my multi user plugins in early 2012

Hi,

I hope I am not being dumb but could u pls clarify about what plugin you are talking? Thanks.

It is not a plugin for extend. It is a plugin for a theme you can view here.