GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: How to get second navigation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I am trying to make 2nd navigation menu difference from the main navigation. I want to make 2nd navigation shown in footer of deafcantv.com

Thanks
the menue is a normal unordered list

if you check the standard css, you see that there are some rules for the output of the menu
if you know CSS a little bit, you will know that you can define UL-lists / unordered lists in many different ways

so the menu in that example page sits in div, class .footer_menu, so if you do it like they did and define

.footer_menu ul with a small width and don't use display:inline for the items, you will get such small list of the main menue - entries
Yes I know that. That what I did for the Main menu. But i want to make private page that doesnt exist on main menu but in footer like term, privacy policy, some other stuff that doesnt need to appear on main navigation.
Connie Wrote:the menue is a normal unordered list

if you check the standard css, you see that there are some rules for the output of the menu
if you know CSS a little bit, you will know that you can define UL-lists / unordered lists in many different ways

so the menu in that example page sits in div, class .footer_menu, so if you do it like they did and define

.footer_menu ul with a small width and don't use display:inline for the items, you will get such small list of the main menue - entries
if so, just define "Not to show" in the page options and create a list of pages / Links manually in the footer, why not?
Another option is to
  • create a parent page with a page slug like "footer-menu"
  • create some sub-pages for it like "terms", "policy", etc.
  • display the sub-pages via a I18N navigation call
  • format the resulting output with CSS

The snippet could look like this

Code:
<?php

echo '<ul>';
get_i18n_navigation('footer-menu',1,1);
echo '</ul>';

?>

It's basically the same as with a side menu, but you set the "Footer Menu" page as the parent. Since you only need the "second" level (the sub-pages) displayed, set the first and second number in the navigation call to 1,

I tested this on my local machine with GS 3.0, works like a charm.

This link will bring you to the I18N navigation page at the developer's site. Feel free to look around there as well if you run into related tasks or problems.