GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: add page with listing of pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm a newbie with "GSC".

I wondering if I could add a menu item, and inside this page, a list of links who pointed to another pages.

Like a blog for example, in the admin section, i want to create pages that I could "put" in an another. This page could be a container of link to another pages Smile

And, that's the end I promise Smile, I want that a final user use this, no html code to add for him, of course Smile

Thanks
Fabrice
You can accomplish this, but will require some effort.

You can use the Components function. You can create a component that pulls the info from another page and displays it in the main page. You will then have 2 total pages. 1 will be the main page, and the other will be a different page.
Very much possible in fact. You could make a parent page and add as many pages you want as children to it through the admin panel. There is even an example code given on the forum, under scripts, to “get content published in other pages”.

I’m afraid though that someone will have to be the first to do the template coding before you can just go with the editor on the admin panel.
Duh, I'm sorry... I read the original post completely wrong. My excuse is 1AM Wink

I thought they wanted to grab the content off the other pages and have two editable regions by the client.
Hi,

I'll try this as soon as possible...., and, I come back Smile

Thanks a lot.

Fab
Hi there,

Thanks a lot, it's work fine. I just add some code to test the page :
Code:
<div class="postcontent">
      <?php get_page_content(); ?><br>
          <?php
           if (return_page_slug() == "mes-experiences") {
               getSubpagesList( return_page_slug() );
           }
           ?>
</div>
<p class="meta" >
And for now, I have a another question about upload. I downloaded the last fix (GS172u.zip), but I can't upload files for a page. Why ? (it's due of a uploadify bug ?)

How can I do an upload ?

Regards,
Fab
You can only upload from the upload page. I might have forgotten to remove the upload box from the page editor.