GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: User management for themes and pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've been testing Get Simple an alternative to Wordpress or static html sites and so far it's doing a grand job for a CMS solution.

I have a couple of questions, bearing in mind I'm a designer and not a developer, so forgive me for any programming ignorance -

1. The user management plugin allows me to block access to the theme, but I'd like to know if there's any way to allow a user to change the theme without giving them access to the theme's files.

2. I'd like to restrict the number of pages on a site but still allow the user to edit these - is that possible?

Thanks for any advice.

Kate
welcome Kate!

Question #1: If the access is restricted, the only chance in my opinion would be FTP-access. But I think a user with restricted permissions has no FTP-access granted

Question #2: this is a fairly uncommon question. It means users will not be allowed to create more than n pages, but edit nnn pages?
I think nobody here ever thought of such a workflow ;=) I do not know how to acchieve that

Cheers, Connie
Thanks Connie,

Both questions were kind of related to how I'd maybe use GS for a client. For example if I build a 5 page website then I don't really want the client to be able to add another 50 pages, or to access the template files - but would possibly like to give them the ability to change the theme and edit existing pages.

Trying to keep things as simple as possible for potential clients but as I said I'm still at the testing stage so any help is great!

Kate