GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: One-click install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to say I am very impressed with GetSimple. I am going to recommend that my client uses because they students to create websites for class projects and the like.

I know I can simply copy the directory of a current installation and get a whole new website. They provide an email address and I can even set up the first administrative user too. WordPress can't do this (believe me, I tried).

What I don't know about is upgrading. How easy would it be to write a script that would upgrade all those installations that the students made in order to keep their websites secure from new attacks and the like?
Basically all you need to do is to update /admin directory tree.
There might be some changes in gsconfig file, and new phrases to translate in language file, but even without updating those files GS will do fine.
yojoe Wrote:Basically all you need to do is to update /admin directory tree.
There might be some changes in gsconfig file, and new phrases to translate in language file, but even without updating those files GS will do fine.

100% correct (just to be safe, lets update the root index.php file too just in case something in there changes.)