GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: News Manager Post Amounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using News Manager since October last year, I went to post another article 10 mins ago and it wouldn't post. I then deleted a couple of the first posts, then re wrote the post and it posted.

Is there a limit the files will hold or is there a setting I have missed, there were only about 60 posts Max
I don't think so and I never experienced that phenomen

maybe try to empty the browser cache before saving?

Please keep an eye on that and tell us,
went to the site just a few minutes ago, the whole is gone not one post there, all gone. I have checked access logs and nobody has entered the site at all. exactly where they are gone I don't know, will ask the hosts, but that's 4 months of articles reports etc disappeared.

[Text removed by OWS_Matthew]
you have no backup???? GetSimple brings such an easy backup - system

well, for sure it is not a problem of GS, more reasonable a problem with your webspace
what is the hoster's support saying?
They had been performing some routine maitainence, and according to them I had used up my total space, which was strange to me. then I saw someone had put a complete backup of the site on their twice. I download one copy and deleted them both. Which freed up the space. ran the system check file and found the index.xml file in backup was displaying a red cross.

I simply download it checked all and found nothing wrong and uploaded it again and everything is fine.

appreciate the help looking in on the problem
Gordo,

this is one of the seldom situations where the host-space is eaten up, but as you see it can happen

It is always good to have backups in case everything gets lost, and GetSimple has this backup-system, but I suggest always not to keep these backups on the server but to download them
So I suggest first step to do now is to run a backup ;=)

I am glad you could solve the problem!

Cheers, Connie
Connie Wrote:Gordo,

this is one of the seldom situations where the host-space is eaten up, but as you see it can happen

It is always good to have backups in case everything gets lost, and GetSimple has this backup-system, but I suggest always not to keep these backups on the server but to download them
So I suggest first step to do now is to run a backup ;=)

I am glad you could solve the problem!

Cheers, Connie

Thanks connie.

all backed up and downloaded. going to get into the habit more ( and I don't mean a monks habit lolol) The hosts had backed the whole domain up emails, logs etc and saved it there twice. No small wonder I had no space left.

Once again many thanks .. as always great help