GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: SEO Manager - Ver 1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SEO Manager Plugin
Download From Extend
View Github Repos.

Features
  • Ability to add/delete keyphrases
  • Ability to add/delete checklist items
  • Area to store descriptions, title, articles for your websites seo campaign.
  • HP Footer (Homepage Footer) - Allows you to create content that will be inserted at the bottom of your homepage before /body (or where you place get_footer() php tag on your homepage)
  • Reports - Allows you to upload report documents for reference (ex: IBP Reports). Also includes a textarea to place text notes (ex: login info for checklist sites) if necessary.
  • Notices - For now this area notifies you of pages of your website that do not have meta keywords/description

Instructions:
  • Drag plugin into your websites plugins folder
  • Go to pages -> seo manager in the admin panel

To Place keyphrases in your websites template:
The below code echo's out the keyphrase. The # 5 below represents which keyphrase to echo (1-5)
Code:
<?php get_keyphrase(5); ?>
The below code returns the keyphrase instead of echo'ing it.
Code:
<?php return_keyphrase(5); ?>

Screenshots:

[Image: 1.jpg]
--
[Image: 2.jpg]
--
[Image: 3.jpg]
--
[Image: 4.jpg]
--
[Image: 5.jpg]
--
[Image: 6.jpg]

This is a work in progress and I am definitely going to add a lot more functionality. Please let me know what features would add value to this plugin for you and I will do my best to implement them.
Reminds me of the Wordpress plugin "All-in-one-SEO". Great work Mike...
This is interesting, please release it to Extend or here, okay? Looks like great work!
polyfragmented Wrote:This is interesting, please release it to Extend or here, okay? Looks like great work!

I have attached it to the thread. If anyone has suggestions or issues I will add additions, fix the problems, and then upload this to extend as a plugin.
ccagle8 Wrote:Reminds me of the Wordpress plugin "All-in-one-SEO". Great work Mike...

Thanks for the reference, there are some features in that plugin that I can incorporate into this one.
One thing I noticed right after installation: I've got debug mode on and the plugin threw various notices:

Code:
Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase1 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase2 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase3 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase4 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase5 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: seo_title in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 125

Notice: Undefined index: short-description in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 127

Notice: Undefined index: long-description in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 129

Notice: Undefined index: articles in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 131

Notice: Undefined index: notes in[...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 133

Apparently, this is caused by the empty fields on the settings page?
polyfragmented Wrote:One thing I noticed right after installation: I've got debug mode on and the plugin threw various notices:

Code:
Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase1 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase2 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase3 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase4 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: keyphrase5 in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 121

Notice: Undefined index: seo_title in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 125

Notice: Undefined index: short-description in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 127

Notice: Undefined index: long-description in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 129

Notice: Undefined index: articles in [...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 131

Notice: Undefined index: notes in[...]/plugins/website_seo.php on line 133

Apparently, this is caused by the empty fields on the settings page?

Yes, I am aware of that, it is due to my laziness but does not effect anything and will only occur the first time you load the seo manager plugin from the admin area. I will make sure to fix that before I put in extend.
How do "Website SEO Title & Descriptions" work? For the keywords, there's an explanation, but not for the aforementioned page. I assume there's insert tags?
polyfragmented Wrote:How do "Website SEO Title & Descriptions" work? For the keywords, there's an explanation, but not for the aforementioned page. I assume there's insert tags?

Basically these are just for reference. When I am doing seo work for a client (or setting up the process for someone else), I write a summary (short description), a long description, and a full article. I then use these for submission to social bookmarking websites and article submission/press release websites. So it is just a place for me to store those descriptions.

The "Website SEO Title" field is used in the links for a few of the "Social Bookmarking" sites listed on the "Checklist" page. That way when you click on the link to submit to one of the social bookmarking sites, the title you choose is filled automatically.

EDIT:
They can also be returned or echo'd in the same manner as the keyphrases. I don't know if this would ever be necessary but the option exists.
Code:
<?php get_keyphrase('TITLE'); ?>
Code:
<?php get_keyphrase('SDESC'); ?>
Code:
<?php get_keyphrase('LDESC'); ?>
Code:
<?php get_keyphrase('ARTICLES'); ?>
Code:
<?php get_keyphrase('NOTES'); ?>
This is just great. Thanks for sharing!
I have been working on getting this ready for the extend
I have expanded upon this plugin quite a bit and re-coded it.

New Features
  • Ability to add/delete keyphrases
  • Ability to add/delete checklist items
  • (New Tab)HP Footer (Homepage Footer) - Allows you to create content that will be inserted at the bottom of your homepage before /body (or where you place get_footer() php tag on your homepage)
  • (New Tab) Reports - Allows you to upload report documents for referance (ex: IBP Reports)
  • (New Tab) Notices - For now this area notifies you of pages of your website that do not have meta keywords/description

If anyone has any suggestions or feature requests for this plugin please let me know now.

Note: The zipfile attached to this thread does not have the new features listed above. The finished plugin will be uploaded to extend.
great job ... thanks ...
I have released Version 1.0 to extend

Below are features that are going to be in the next version.
  • URL Re-directer - This will be useful your page slugs are changed. You will be able to redirect old page slugs to new pageslugs
  • Google Analytics support
  • Page Title Optimizer
  • Meta Optimizer

Feel free to suggest any features you would find useful.
This looks really useful, but I need some guidance here. I have a little site for a part time business which I want to optimise for search engines: http://www.timwhittingham.com

When I look at the theme template the head section is like this:
Code:
<head>
    <title><?php get_page_clean_title(); ?> | <?php get_site_name(); ?>, <?php get_component('tagline'); ?></title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
    <?php get_header(); ?>
    <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/style.css" media="all" />
</head>

So the theme is generating a title for me and I don't seem to have a description or keywords in the head at all. I need then to rewrite the Head section using tags from this SEO plugin so that I can tweak and alter them as I like without editing the theme html again.

Then I can add stuff to the footer if I wish as well, although that will be visible. Also i can add some keywords in places like image texts if I want.

Is that about it for setting the site up? Have I understood correctly?. I know I need to get backlinks too but that's another matter.

Thanks,

Tim W
Timbow Wrote:This looks really useful, but I need some guidance here. I have a little site for a part time business which I want to optimise for search engines: http://www.timwhittingham.com

When I look at the theme template the head section is like this:
Code:
<head>
    <title><?php get_page_clean_title(); ?> | <?php get_site_name(); ?>, <?php get_component('tagline'); ?></title>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" />
    <?php get_header(); ?>
    <meta name="robots" content="index, follow" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php get_theme_url(); ?>/style.css" media="all" />
</head>

So the theme is generating a title for me and I don't seem to have a description or keywords in the head at all. I need then to rewrite the Head section using tags from this SEO plugin so that I can tweak and alter them as I like without editing the theme html again.

Then I can add stuff to the footer if I wish as well, although that will be visible. Also i can add some keywords in places like image texts if I want.

Is that about it for setting the site up? Have I understood correctly?. I know I need to get backlinks too but that's another matter.

Thanks,

Tim W

You can edit the meta tags for pages by going to the page in your admin panel. Once there, click "Page Options" and you will see a box for meta tags and keywords.

The keyphrases you set in the SEO manager could be used to distribute keyphrases throughout your template files.

If you have any further questions or suggestions for the plugin, feel free to ask.
How about a "dofollow/index" - "nofollow/noindex" checkbox or selectfield in the page options?
igestalten Wrote:How about a "dofollow/index" - "nofollow/noindex" checkbox or selectfield in the page options?
Will do. I will offer a button inside the seo plugin, to auto download/install the metarobots plugin.
I don't see a need to separately code it into this plugin.
Hello! I am using SEO Manager on my website. Recently I found out that the key phrases are not relevant anymore. I wanted to change them, therefore I deleted the old ones. But now, when I click 'submit', nothing is being added. What could my problem be? I am not really into coding or something, I am just trying my best to run my website.