GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Two different menus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Let`s say I have 8 pages. I would like to link all this pages in two separately menus. I mean 4 pages goes to one menu (above content) and last 4 goes to the other menu (below content). I tried to achieve something like this in I18N Navigation plugin but I cant figure it how to make such a thing. Is it possible to make something like this?

Best regards & sorry for bad englishSmile
Egahen
egahen Wrote:Let`s say I have 8 pages. I would like to link all this pages in two separately menus. I mean 4 pages goes to one menu (above content) and last 4 goes to the other menu (below content). I tried to achieve something like this in I18N Navigation plugin but I cant figure it how to make such a thing. Is it possible to make something like this?

You could do this by putting the pages under two dummy parent pages (make sure to set 'add to menu' for them), e.g.:
Code:
dummy-top
    index
    page1
    page2
    page3
dummy-bottom
    page4
    page5
    page6
    page7

Then you can display the menus like this:
Code:
<?php
$bc = return_i18n_breadcrumbs(return_page_slug());
// top menu
get_i18n_navigation($bc[0]['url']=='dummy-top'?return_page_slug():'dummy-top',1,99);
// bottom menu
get_i18n_navigation($bc[0]['url']=='dummy-bottom'?return_page_slug():'dummy-bottom',1,99);
?>
(2012-01-27, 19:18:46)mvlcek Wrote: [ -> ]
egahen Wrote:Let`s say I have 8 pages. I would like to link all this pages in two separately menus. I mean 4 pages goes to one menu (above content) and last 4 goes to the other menu (below content). I tried to achieve something like this in I18N Navigation plugin but I cant figure it how to make such a thing. Is it possible to make something like this?

You could do this by putting the pages under two dummy parent pages (make sure to set 'add to menu' for them), e.g.:
Code:
dummy-top
    index
    page1
    page2
    page3
dummy-bottom
    page4
    page5
    page6
    page7

Then you can display the menus like this:
Code:
<?php
$bc = return_i18n_breadcrumbs(return_page_slug());
// top menu
get_i18n_navigation($bc[0]['url']=='dummy-top'?return_page_slug():'dummy-top',1,99);
// bottom menu
get_i18n_navigation($bc[0]['url']=='dummy-bottom'?return_page_slug():'dummy-bottom',1,99);
?>

This is pretty nice, but there's a trouble with it - you've got "dummy-top" and "dummy-bottom" in your URL right after (the url is like yourweb.com/dummy-bottom/a-page), so you have to figure out a better name for it. Thanks anyway, luckily, I've found your doc http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/multi-level-na...-children/ Smile
There's also this and this.
Or there is some obscure css which would allow you to separate out the first four from the last four, something like
Code:
nav>a:nth-of-type(-n+4) { display: none;}
but I don't know what browsers would recognise it, probably not many.

If it was me I think I would want to just write out the footer menu and put it in the template with a footer.inc.php file or with a component. Probably less bother in the end.