GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Italics not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very strange problem but should be simple…

I got GetSimple all set up in mydomain.org/cms/ , and after playing around a bit, used my FTP client to move the installation into the root mydomain.org/ .

Now I’m noticing, on the single article I've written so far, that italics are not being styled - <em> and <i> are showing up formatted plainly, not in italics. When I view the document source, the tags are there. It’s just that for some reason they aren’t styling correctly.

And no, I haven’t edited the stylesheets or theme or anything. Everything is pretty much vanilla.
Welcome to the forum...

do you have a URL we could see the problem on?

without that we can't really help, but it does sound like you CSS somewhere is styling them normal.
Thanks.

http://stopseashepherd.org/index.php?id=sscs-history

Edited to add: Names of ships are enclosed in <i> tags.
reset.css is setting them to normal.

just add

Code:
i, em {font-style:italic;}

to theme/innovation/style.css

That should do it for you.
Hopefully it really is that simple and we don’t have to go chasing goblins. Smile

Trying right now…
Huh. Should that be in theme/innovation/assets/css ? Only print.css and reset.css seem to be present.
sorry my bad, its style.css in the root on theme/innovation
Made the change to innovation/style.css . Success.
cool... nice easy one... 8)
Yep, didn’t want to go munging up any files in case it would do nothing but change them from the original state and then still have to write for help. Got a newbie question now. Might as well ask it in a new thread… ?
The Dave Wrote:Might as well ask it in a new thread… ?

yes, please post everything in a separate thread