GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I18N Special Pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
That is the input for the page content. It has nothing to do with special pages.
(2014-02-14, 09:57:05)xxdex Wrote: [ -> ]plugin is very good.
can someone help...how to disable a field <textarea id="post-content" name="post-content"></textarea> if it will need it i will create a new filed with full wyswig editor...
this filed is unnecessary .....
i'm using a "Auto-open Page Options" all options what i need i have in start..
and all option's what i need i have in custom fileld in special field... so.. for what is this page-content area in special field ? please help.. how to disable itd in special pages..
thank You

Try with CSS?
Code:
textarea[name=post-content] {
  display: none;
}

.. better ...

Code:
textarea#post-content {
  display: none;
}

** EDIT **
I just checked what you exactly meant and it is exactly how Shawn has interpreted it ... input for the page content and has nothing to do with special pages. Why do you want to hide this field?
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I made clean install of GetSimple 3.2.3 and last version of i18n Special Pages plugin, than I have activated plugin and config new special page called otcproduct with product name (otcname) and product description(otctext) fields for testing purposes. Template for special page is set to product.php in config.
So I created product.php template with this fields get_special_field('otcname'); and get_special_field('otctext');, than I created new special page in pages tab, there I filled in everything.

Now when i switch to front of the web and click the menu with special page ,nothing from filled fields in admin, appeared (page is clean). when i try var_dump in product.php, fields output is bool(false);

Something doesnt work, but maybe I am doing some mistake..
I hope you understand my bad english.

Thanks for help.

/****** EDIT

I have found solution (workaround?): getPageField(return_page_slug(),'otcname');
(2012-02-27, 00:18:34)apache Wrote: [ -> ]great extension ! thank you.

But I miss some Features:

I don't like the idea to show the fields in the "page options".
There is a extension with a much better solution for showing the fields: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/items-manager/301/

I miss a better files / images field with some more options:

- Multi Files selection
- Multi Files Upload
- Set Files Folder
- Show as Link
- Show as Image / Gallery

Than I miss:
- options Field (radio buttons)
- HTML Field to showing some text for consumer
- Mark field as required
- Tags and Character Counter for text fields

It's little old post reply but for everyone that was looking for required fields validation, etc. I've created new plugin: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18...xtras/768/
affekt07 i would eliminate variables, and test it with a basic template like innovation first.
some plugins require get_header etc.
(2014-02-15, 20:09:10)affekt07 Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I made clean install of GetSimple 3.2.3 and last version of i18n Special Pages plugin, than I have activated plugin and config new special page called otcproduct with product name (otcname) and product description(otctext) fields for testing purposes. Template for special page is set to product.php in config.
So I created product.php template with this fields get_special_field('otcname'); and get_special_field('otctext');, than I created new special page in pages tab, there I filled in everything.

Now when i switch to front of the web and click the menu with special page ,nothing from filled fields in admin, appeared (page is clean). when i try var_dump in product.php, fields output is bool(false);

Something doesnt work, but maybe I am doing some mistake..
I hope you understand my bad english.

Thanks for help.

/****** EDIT

I have found solution (workaround?): getPageField(return_page_slug(),'otcname');

You have to type something into "HTML/PHP code for the display of a page" field in special page View tab. Special fields get functions will not work without that step.
(2014-02-14, 18:14:40)Rene Wrote: [ -> ]** EDIT **
I just checked what you exactly meant and it is exactly how Shawn has interpreted it ... input for the page content and has nothing to do with special pages. Why do you want to hide this field?

sorry about that.. i was thinkt that special field is changed all of the fields in front-end with a page-content.. my fault. thank You for helping. i know now that a special pages is working with a page-content field Wink
how to get information how many subpages is in a page
is any option in I18N special pages or I18N search?

i want to use a I18N special pages to create a catalog of products..
and i want to inside a simple function.. how many pages is in this catalog

example
in menu on front layout i want to get information
MENU CATALOG
START
GALLERY
PRODUCTS CATALOG
+ - wash mashine (4 products)
+ - tv (24 products)
+ - agd (14 products)
CONTACT

is possible to do it that in auto counter ??
using I18N Search, I18N special pages or I18N ?
please help...

and the seccond question:
- the plugin:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/fro...login/202/
is awesome idea...
i know how to enable a posts when only You a logged in.. or special fields..
my ask is how to create a simple form in template layout (front end) with one will be send a data from front page... to a data base in get simple and it will be create a some of waiting for accept for admin (back -end) i think is easy way to create a catalog what will be created by community of page..
registering and login user... adding own products (or company example)
its awesome idea..
i'm was find in internet (it's big in wordpress)
http://businessdirectoryplugin.com/business-directory/

it's a chance to create a plugin .. add for I18N special pages function like that ? sending by user from layout (front-end) form.. to a admin page a form (to back end form) with a photo.. name... and a field custom in a I18N special page create ? its possible ? accepted this item in a admin page will be add this to I18N special field base and visible in menu...

I18N special pages is very big.. and i think is the biggest plugin with can be used in all of pages - blog... news managermant... comment's.. and i think when it will be work with the plugin
I18N search -paging, searching,
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n-search/82/
I18N
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n/69/
front end user login:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/fro...login/202/
commenting:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/ext...enting/73/

is giving a unlimited possibilities.
(2014-02-16, 04:20:14)xxdex Wrote: [ -> ]how to get information how many subpages is in a page
is any option in I18N special pages or I18N search?

i want to use a I18N special pages to create a catalog of products..
and i want to inside a simple function.. how many pages is in this catalog

example
in menu on front layout i want to get information
MENU CATALOG
START
GALLERY
PRODUCTS CATALOG
+ - wash mashine (4 products)
+ - tv (24 products)
+ - agd (14 products)
CONTACT

is possible to do it that in auto counter ??
using I18N Search, I18N special pages or I18N ?

Please see here for a possible solution.
(2014-03-01, 01:27:49)mvlcek Wrote: [ -> ]Please see here for a possible solution.

Mvlcek, one more time thank You!
You a Great man
Hi,

is there a way I can exclude special pages from indexing in google?
I used the plugin for portfolio items, displaying the items with fancybox. The subpages are empty and absolete.

Can you help? Maybe an html bit I could insert in an 'empty.php' template? Confused

Thanks!
Hi,
I created a website with five or six types of special pages, but only one of them is editable by the final user (the blog).
So, I was wondering if there is a way to create a shortcut link from the admin tab pages which is pointing straight to the blog page editing (i.e. "create new blog post") rather than pass through the special pages list.
Thank you
GP
in the latest version of the plugin you want to add in line 49 file edit.php
|| $type == 'file'
Code:
} else if ($type == 'textfull' || $type == 'textarea' || $type == 'image' || $type == 'link' || $type == 'wysiwyg' || $type == 'file') {
(2014-03-20, 05:54:38)Oleg06 Wrote: [ -> ]in the latest version of the plugin you want to add in line 49 file edit.php
|| $type == 'file'
Code:
} else if ($type == 'textfull' || $type == 'textarea' || $type == 'image' || $type == 'link' || $type == 'wysiwyg' || $type == 'file') {

Thank you. I will correct this in the next version.
Hi

how can i get page slugs to display like this?

mysite.com/blog/my-post-tittle.html

was trying this blog/%Y%/%m%/%slug% and some other setups but the code strips slashes off!

any help will be appreciated tanks in advance.

by the way i18 great plugins!
I use some of them, are you considering using github will be easier contributing with code and lang files?
I18N Special Pages version 1.2.2:
  • corrects the display of file fields in the page edit view (thanks to @Oleg06 for pointing this out)
  • fixes a bug where return_special_fields (e.g. in the template) would not work, if no special view code was defined for this special page type (@Oleg06)
Thank you for your patience and hard work, mvlcek! )

I think this question has already been mentioned, but i looked through many pages and couldn't find the solution.. Well, is there a way to get rid of generating "<ul class="search-results "> and "<li class="search-entry ">" code in the search results?

Like many others I am using SpecialPages for running news on the website and don't want extra code..

Sure, we can manipulate with CSS or edit i18n_specialpages.php file but if there were some option in the search calling function like "<?php get_i18n_search_results(array('tags'=>'news', ... list-code=>0 )); ?>" or something..
(2014-03-23, 18:15:07)vmnlopes Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

how can i get page slugs to display like this?

mysite.com/blog/my-post-tittle.html

was trying this blog/%Y%/%m%/%slug% and some other setups but the code strips slashes off!

any help will be appreciated tanks in advance.

by the way i18 great plugins!
I use some of them, are you considering using github will be easier contributing with code and lang files?

resolved = leaving slug blank resolves my problem!
hello,

When you create a special page has a title news1 - breadcrumb is news1, but once the title and slug rewrite the news2 the breadcrumb is still news1 - this can not be fixed through the administration.
(2014-04-23, 08:36:38)Superbobo Wrote: [ -> ]When you create a special page has a title news1 - breadcrumb is news1, but once the title and slug rewrite the news2 the breadcrumb is still news1 - this can not be fixed through the administration.

This could be a problem in the I18N plugin mentioned by @mganko. Try version 3.2.8 of I18N.
Otherwise: does saving the page again help?
I configured a special page and let the Page Template on Default. After that I created dozens special page's based on this configuration. Days later I decided an other approach and applied a different Page Template in the Special Page configuration but realized that the already created pages didn't picked up this change.

No further problem, I did a Search/Replace in all the xml files with Notepad++ but there is no default option for changing the Page Template (in the created Special Pages) at a later stage?
I18N Special Pages version 1.3:
  • changes of name, tags, slug, parent, template and menu (if not empty) in the Special Pages type settings are propagated to the special pages themselves. All given tags are added to the pages, even if they had been removed. The order of menu entries is not changed. If you change the slug pattern, the times might differ. (@Rene)
(2014-05-28, 04:25:49)mvlcek Wrote: [ -> ]I18N Special Pages version 1.3:
  • changes of name, tags, slug, parent, template and menu (if not empty) in the Special Pages type settings are propagated to the special pages themselves. All given tags are added to the pages, even if they had been removed. The order of menu entries is not changed. If you change the slug pattern, the times might differ. (@Rene)

@Martin, wow, great and also very fast work. To test it, I've copied the old xml files back, changed the Page Template and ... it works like a charm. Thx.
after saving the page type
Code:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in B:\home\flat-1.it\www\plugins\i18n_specialpages\conf_edit.php on line 64
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mhltq8vl7dolo....25.23.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbaqw1laqzrqo2....25.02.png
Hello !
I have a website with a few pages already created.
I use the Special Pages plugin and when I create a new special page, this new spacial page applies to all the pages already created, even the homepage.
What must I do to make the pages created already to have their standard page type, and not the special page type ?
Thank's for your help
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22