GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Timezone for UK times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone

Can anyone please help me fix my published dates to reflect UK times. I have read every thread I can find on this and tried various things but nothing is solving the problem.
My pages are showing "Published on February 13th, 2012, 10:36", which is 5 hours behind UK time/GMT.

I have an en_GB file in the admin and the timezone is set to Europe/London.
Tried adding date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London'); to the gsconfig file, and in the theme functions.
Also tried setlocale in gsconfig.

I uploaded a test file to the server last night to check that the times are correct, and they appear fine.

My main issue is that I don't have a clue what files or settings I should be changing and that no matter what I do, I can't seem to fix this. I'd be very grateful for some instructions or advice!

Thanks
Kate
(GS version 3.0)
Kate,

I'm in the UK and all mine are showing as the correct time. All I did was change the Local Timezone: to London and it works?

Have you read this post thread? http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/1577/...r398-r415/
Yes I read that post along with many others over the course of the last couple of days, but thanks for the suggestion. The Local Timezone in the admin panel is set to GMT (Europe/London).

I actually didn't notice the time difference because I had been developing during the day mainly, it was only when I added a date/time just after midnight to test something else that I realised this was happening.

The times in the xml data pages are correct, so it's writing to them ok.

The only other thing I can think of doing is changing the timezone settings in the common.php file, but it shouldn't be necessary to change core files as far as I understand?
what theme are you using?
@kate: does it show the right or wrong dates within the administration panel of GetSimple? For example, log in and view the screen that lists 'all pages'. Does that table show correct dates?
You might want to look at this post.
As ar as I know, GetSimple does not set the timezone for the frontend.
The following line in your gsconfig.php might help:
Code:
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London');
n00dles101 Wrote:what theme are you using?

Using Innovation for testing things so that I don't mess anything up with a custom theme.

I did manage to fix the times by changing the timezone in common.php from America/New_York to Europe/London but it doesn't seem to be the best solution in the longer term.

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to php so a lot of this is trial and error!
mvlcek Wrote:You might want to look at this post.
As ar as I know, GetSimple does not set the timezone for the frontend.
The following line in your gsconfig.php might help:
Code:
date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London');

That was the last thing I tried before giving up and posting the thread here.
Thanks again for all the suggestions.

I ran the suggested script to check the server time and it came out with the correct local time.
Default time zone: UTC
It is 2012-02-13 17:11:28 UTC (+0000)
Setting time to UTC...
It is 2012-02-13 17:11:28 UTC (+0000)