GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Where can I find more themes for getsimple?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In addition to the themes that provide the get-simple.info site, where can I find more issues need not be free, may award to purchase.

For example, estema theme http://wordpress-templates.themestock.com/info.php/428 can be edited in GS? I'm thinking of being a subscriber of this site: http://www.themestock.com/ more before I would make sure that these topics can be used by GS.

How do other issues such as this site: http://www.freecsstemplates.org/ be compatible with the GS?

Because the platform templates joomla, drupal and other CMS are not compatible?
renatokeuller Wrote:Because the platform templates joomla, drupal and other CMS are not compatible?

yes, each application has it's own way to merge content with themes
each system has it's own way of adding functionality to the themes

so you cannot use these themes with another system, no drupal theme with WordPress and no Typo3-theme with GetSimple

GetSimple is a dwarf compared with WordPress for example and that's why it seems not to be too interesting for theme designers, commercially I mean

but as GetSimple-template tags are easy to merge with HTML templates, (it's all in the WIKI), you can look for any "not-system-specific", plain HTML- or XML-template and adapt that to GetSimple

if you run into problems, I am sure the forum here will help you
Today there are 12 new themes... :-)
@bak, nice one.. some decent enough themes there..
transmission used to be my website theme...a few years ago...
I just port existing themes in GS ... only this. The graphics and layouts are not mine ...
Bak Wrote:Today there are 12 new themes... :-)

Bak, did you check the themes with GS 3.1 also?
If so, please note that

I ask not to publish themes anymore which are not compatible / checked with GS 3.1 ;=)
@Connie

All tested only in GS 3.0...probably today or tomorrow I will test themes in GS 3.1.

Luke
@Connie

All tested in GS 3.1 ...all ok...all compatible.

:-)
@Bak

Redlava theme's template.php file is missing:

- A first line like this, to avoid server path disclosure:
Code:
<?php if(!defined('IN_GS')){ die('you cannot load this page directly.'); } ?>

- Also this template tag, that should be just before the </body> tag:
Code:
<?php get_footer(); ?>

Haven't checked the rest, only Redlava.

PS Nice work, thanks for contributing!
@Carlos

Strange, the template has been downloaded 18 times and nobody has sent negative reports.

I myself have downloaded the template and I installed it without problems.

I will do more testing ...

Thankyou for your report.
@bak - the things that Carlos mentioned are best practice - but usually wouldnt prevent a theme from working unless a plugin required the get_footer() hook.
@ccagle8

All templates are now updatated with Carlo's suggestions... :-)

Bye
get_footer() is still missing (at least in Redlava)