GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: v3.1 - No Editor Dialogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently updated my website, but since that I can't add photos or tables because the editor dialog does not open. The problem only appears in Firefox, the browserscreen fade to grey and is locked - but no dialog is shown.

Firebug reports an error:
CKEDITOR.dialog.validate.inlineStyle is not a function
in <root>/admin/template/js/ckeditor/plugins/image/dialogs/image.js?t=B1GG4Z6 (line 13)

So I want to manage my site with Chrome, but here the "Browser Server"-Dialog does not work. Chrome opens a new window, but does not show it.

Only IE works fine ... I hate IE for that! Wink
I installed 3.1 quite often and I did not run into that situation
so there must be a special "qualification" ;=)

please tell us the result of the server health check

Cheers, Connie
All green, only "/data/other/components.xml" is invalid - because this file is empty. ^^
GetSimple Version: 3.1 - Latest version installed

There must something wrong with my installation, I tried a new one and all works like expected.
I have already deleted my admin directory and replaced it.

Next I will compare my config-files with the original ones.
ok ... now it works.

I have done different things:
- uninstall the extended news manager plugin
- remove .htaccess-files that are not in the zip (I have no idea why they've been there)
- clear cache
- wait 2 hours (before 2 hours it does not work and now all is ok)
that is good to hear

uninstalling plugins one after the other is a good way

but the .htaccess-files? THere are many possibilities who added them ...
that we cannot know from the distance

it is good that it is working for you now,
Cheers, Connie
I have to report I'm getting the same thing as lippo. When I click the image or link button on the editor tool-bar, I get the overlay which locks the rest of the page, but no dialog. As I click the buttons, the following errors appear in my browser's JS console:

Code:
Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'inlineStyle' - image.js:13
a - image.js:13
(anonymous function) - image.js:13
a.dialog - ckeditor.js:97
e.extend.openDialog - ckeditor.js:109
X - ckeditor.js:109
a.scriptLoader.load.t - ckeditor.js:21
a.scriptLoader.load.u - ckeditor.js:21
a.scriptLoader.load.v - ckeditor.js:21
a.scriptLoader.load.A.$.onload - ckeditor.js:21

Health-check shows everything as green/OK. My browser is Chromium 15 / Ubuntu 10.04. Get Simple version 3.1. This is a clean install, so there are no other plugins involved.

I'll do a bit more playing later - with some different browsers.
please switch on DEBUG code

have you checked whether there are some reports of this behaviour at the CKEditor forum? (as this is a 3rdparty part)

I definitively know that this is not happening at my installation, whether locally or published at a server

please check with other browser as well
Sorry not to have thought to turn on DEBUG, Connie. Will make sure I do that next time I run into trouble.

OK, so it was nearly 24 hours before I had time to take further action to investigate. I started off in Chromium again, and there was no problem at all - dialogues are now working fine.

I was certainly getting the problem last night, and I have certainly done nothing in the meantime to my server or the GS 3.1 installation. I'm also sure I haven't knowingly cleared Chromium's cache.

So, obviously I am full of joy that the site now works perfectly, and feel a bit of an idiot for not being able to pinpoint the problem. During today I was forming a loose theory around cookies, based on the fact that I had been logged into a GS 3.0 install which I replaced with a 3.1 install. Possibly there was a 3.0 cookie for the domain floating about causing problems? Other than being a rough guess, I recall similar issues when forgetting to enable site-wide cookies in GS 3.0 - always solved by clearing the browser cache.
If you are using chromium, when you are experiencing this issue, open chromes console and check for errors.
Its possible you are experiencing an xss filter bug. See my xss-disable plugin.
shawn_a Wrote:If you are using chromium, when you are experiencing this issue, open chromes console and check for errors.

I did. I posted the output of the error console in comment 6 above. Unfortunately, as the problem disappeared overnight without me taking any action, I can't investigate any further.