GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: ckeditor questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what controls the theme and options for ckeditor ?

Images
I am using 3.1 and in 3.0 i had image insertion dialogs for
border and vspace and hspace fields, the ckeditor demo page still has them.
Why are ours missing ?

Also Anyone ever figure out how to get a <pre> style ?

Also our editor is missing the link tab in image insertion, so it's a pain for lightboxes also.

Can you setup a custom style for a lightbox automatically ?
say a link wrapped image with a specific class and linked to the image.
Is there a better way to insert lightbox images and galleries with a rel="" ?
Ideas welcome.
shawn_a Wrote:Also Anyone ever figure out how to get a <pre> style ?

I think it's automatically included in the "Format" selection, if you include it in your toolbar (at least it is for me).
Yup, it is "formatted" in the styles. doh.Thanks.

I found a way to add a button plugin for pre and code or any element, ill post it when I get it implemented.

I also figured out where these options are removed, still dont know what the reasoning behind it was.
I guess to make it more "simple". Seems like a bad idea and much less functional to me.

I commented the lines out below, to get these features back.

admin/templates/js/ckeditor/config.js
Code:
if ( dialogName == 'image' ) {
            // var infoTab = dialogDefinition.getContents( 'info' );
            // infoTab.remove( 'txtBorder' );
            // infoTab.remove( 'txtHSpace' );
            // infoTab.remove( 'txtVSpace' );
            // infoTab.remove( 'btnResetSize' );
            // dialogDefinition.removeContents( 'Link' );
            var advTab = dialogDefinition.getContents( 'advanced' );
            advTab.remove( 'cmbLangDir' );
            advTab.remove( 'txtLangCode' );
            advTab.remove( 'txtGenLongDescr' );
            advTab.remove( 'txtGenTitle' );
        }
});

At least now, i can insert image, link to image. save dialog
Right click the image, edit link, advanced, add my lightbox class and done.
A few less clicks is always nice.
shawn_a Wrote:I also figured out where these options are removed, still dont know what the reasoning behind it was.
I guess to make it more "simple". Seems like a bad idea and much less functional to me.

Maybe it is because inline styles are bad practice. You should rather assign a class to the image and define the styles in a CSS. That way you won't need to change all pages, if you decide to change the design/theme and it calls for different borders or other margins.

I normally don't want the business user to change colors or font sizes or borders. He rather gets a custom styles drop down according to his requirements. And the styles will have functional names like promotion or reference and not something descriptive like big red caption.
Yeah I didn't think of inline styles not being overridden and hence loss of control, the styles input is still there though.

I really just sometimes need custom margins and a border if the image blends into the page or is the same background color.

I just realized the custom ckeditor config replaces the default config, I thought it was ancillary.
This makes this so much easier, i must have misread the wiki on that.
Does anyone know why the ckeditor icons in this skin are greyed out ?
Can we get a sprite without them greyed out ?

Anyone recognize that icon set ? Is it silk ?
shawn_a Wrote:Does anyone know why the ckeditor icons in this skin are greyed out ?

there is so much documentation in the wiki, concerning the editor, so I would not repeat myself here

but:

just use another skin if you do not like the standard one

it is good practice to define "your" editor with the editor options, so they are not subject to any up- or downgrade

if you want another sprite instead of just using another skin, go to CKEDITOR-site, search there or in google for "ckeditor skin"

you will find some
(2012-03-02, 06:01:22)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know why the ckeditor icons in this skin are greyed out ?

Hi, it seems to be a mistake in the image sprite. I have repared it, you can easily replace the image ...\admin\template\js\ckeditor\skins\getsimple\icons.png with this one (in attachment).
you can just install the cke patch branch on downloads and get newer version of ckeditor
Does anyone know any free Bootstrap components plugin for ckeditor? that would be nice, to add cols etc from the editor Big Grin.