GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Increase Max Upload Limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to increase the Max Upload limit from 2 MB (necessary for most media). I tried adding the option sizeLimit:99999999 to jquery.uploadify.js, but that did nothing. I am probably missing something obvious,... any help would be appreciated.
Aaron K Wrote:increase the Max Upload limit
Hi,

This is not having to do with GetSimple, it's directly related to PHP configuration so your Hosting provider!
But there are methods (here 2) to go over that (but you have to know that not all hosting providers allow customers to increase the file upload limit. Take that into consideration when purchasing your customer’s web hosting.) :

For example, to increase the limit on uploaded files to 10 MB:

1/ Add the below to the relevant php.ini file (recommended, if you have access). Note that for some hosts this is a system-wide setting. However, for hosts running PHP as a CGI script with suexec (for example) you may be able to put these directives in a php.ini file in your GetSimple root directory.
Code:
file_uploads = On
          upload_max_filesize = 10M
          post_max_size = 20M

or

2/ Add the below to your .htaccess file in your GetSimple root directory.
Code:
php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
         php_value post_max_size 20M

I hope this will help....
But think about those settings in the future when you choose your hosting provider...it's like buying a pc it has to correspond to a specific use.

Bye.
Superyms, Thank you!

You were right on! Unfortunately, my host doesn't allow me to do anything with the php.ini and it is not in my root directories, and changing the php values in .htaccess doesn't work either --so I contacted support. They have edited my php.ini several times for me, I imagine it would be easier and their business more profitable if they would just give me access!

Thanks Again!
Hi all i am having the same issue, i am hosting with http://www.xo.com/
I have spoken to them and they say that they do not have a limit on file size uploads, that the issue is with Get simple. Does any one know how to up the upload limit?

please help.
I am fairly certain we just grab the php init setting.
Throw phpinfo() on your server and look.