GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: 'Bold' not working in CKEditor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone got an idea why Bold all of suddenly stops working in CKEditor and gets a thin red line above the B??

(I realize I probably should be asking this question on the CKEditor forum instead, but I thought I just as well might start here)
Screenshot?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19693/redline.gif

Seems to work now, after bothering me all morning (on 3 different machines). The thin red line is still there tho, havent noticed that one before ...
Did you try strong tags instead of b-tags?
Did you try to firebug that button ? :}
Probably should have, but no - its working now so I guess I'll just stop wondering (even tho I havent seen the red line before ...)

Smile
is it possible that the red skin line shows spell check errors?

see here: http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:edito...spellcheck

mostly these red lines are spellcheck lines and GS 3.1 / CKeditor brings more plugins than the editor version in GS 3.0
Well, just not to start a new topic...
I'm new to GetSimple, just working with it on a local server to see what is all about. Normally I open IE, FF, Safari,Chrome and Opera at the same time to see how those guys render GS pages.

I was playing around with CSS of a template. I found out a strange thing. I had a text wrapped in <strong>tags</strong>. It was OK in CREditor, the text was normally rendered as bold. But when I tried to view it in the above browsers - the text was rendered like a normal one in all of them, though the tags apeeared in the page source code as expected. I examined my css, checked html and css, validated the page - no luck.

OK, I changed strong tags for <b></b> and the text became bold.

I am at a loss. What was happening to my strong tags? Any ideas? GS 3.1
if you do not show us the CSS we cannot know what is defined in your css for <strong>

all situations which I know treat "strong" like "bold" except when the css defines something different
Thank you, Connie!
Solved!
Of course, it was CSS-file! It started from Eric Meyer's reset for HTML 4. And here's the key to my problem. It assigns font-weight:inherit to <strong> tag, but doesn't mention <b> tag at all. That's why the tags behaved different and the solution is either remove <strong> selector from the reset or define strong {font-weight:;} somewhere else below.

Here's the beginning of the CSS-file.

/* =====================reset by Eric Meyer==================== */

html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe,
h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre,
a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code,
del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp,
small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var,
dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li,
fieldset, form, label, legend,
table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
border: 0;
outline: 0;
font-weight: inherit; That' why I got stuck!
font-style: inherit;
font-size: 100%;
font-family: inherit;
vertical-align: baseline;
}