GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I18N Gallery - Content Links to Gallery / Images without redirecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Is there any possibility to add just a link to a specific gallery inside page content, without getting redirected to the gallery itself after clicking on that link?

Example

Site:
Rooms

Site Content:
Foo.
- Gallery 1
- Gallery 2
- Gallery 3

... if i click on "Gallery 2" the chosen display-type (Fancybox etc.) opens and the images / pictures can be browsed, but i stay on current site (Rooms).

Thanks a lot!
Rob
:-)

- - -

GetSimple 3.1
I18N Gallery 1.7.3

- - -

Edit/ I also posted this question in the official support-forum for I18N Gallery but wasn't shure if this is the right place to ask. Didn't want to spam or so. :-)
This question is answered in the german forum

it is possible to link to galleries in the template, examples are given at http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/get-simple/i18ngallery

Cheers, Connie
Robzilla Wrote:Is there any possibility to add just a link to a specific gallery inside page content, without getting redirected to the gallery itself after clicking on that link?

... if i click on "Gallery 2" the chosen display-type (Fancybox etc.) opens and the images / pictures can be browsed, but i stay on current site (Rooms).

You can just include multiple galleries on one page and show only one thumbnail (with fancybox or prettyPhoto):
Code:
Some content
(% gallery name=gallery1 thumb=0 %)
(% gallery name=gallery2 thumb=1 %)
(% gallery name=gallery3 thumb=random %)
Only showing a text instead of one thumbnail is currently not possible.
Thank you very much mvlcek!

Is there any way to include the thumbnails in sidebar / in a component?
(with or without 3rd party plugins - but i would prefer a solution without)

This here seems to mess up jquery:
Code:
<?php get_i18n_gallery_link('doppelzimmer', array('url'=>'doppelzimmer', 'thumb'=>0)); ?>
<?php get_i18n_gallery('doppelzimmer', array('type'=>'prettyphoto', 'autostart'=>true)); ?>
(thumbnails are showing - but no fancybox etc.)

This doesn't work in component:
Code:
(% gallerylink name=doppelzimmer url=die-zimmer thumb=0 pic=2 %)
(% gallery name=doppelzimmer type=fancybox autostart=true %)

This in <head>:
Code:
<?php get_i18n_gallery_header('doppelzimmer'); ?>
... and that in content:
Code:
<?php get_i18n_gallery('doppelzimmer'); ?>
grabs the whole site - i'm seeing my site inside the fancybox. (weird!)

Kind regards,
Rob
Robzilla Wrote:Is there any way to include the thumbnails in sidebar / in a component?

In the template: yes, see here (get_i18n_gallery_header and get_i18n_gallery)
In a component: not really, unless you include the matching get_i18n_gallery_header in the template.
Thank you!