GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: blank page after login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i use the plugin I18N and now when i connect myself on my admin there is a blank page example : http://www.mywebsite.fr/admin/pages.php
note : it's ok if i use the same adress with plugins.php

any idea ?

thanks a lot
The site above is wordpress ???

Have you turned on GSDEBUG in the file GSCONFIG.PHP

Any errors show up?
hello,

no no it's just an example for the website, i can't write the real website because it's on developpement.

I turn on the debugger :

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/xxx/www/xxx/xxxxxx/plugins/i18n_base/lang/fr_FR.php:1) in /xxx/xxx/www/xxx/xxxxxx/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/xxx/www/xxx/xxxxxx/plugins/i18n_base/lang/fr_FR.php:1) in /xxx/xxx/www/xxx/xxxxxx/admin/inc/cookie_functions.php on line 24

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /xxx/xxx/www/xxx/xxxxxx/plugins/i18n_base/lang/fr_FR.php:1) in /xxx/xxx/www/xxx/xxxxxx/plugins/i18n_base/backend.class.php on line 7
please check the result of Support => Server Health Check

everything ok there?

If "header already sent" message comes, this means mostly that some files have been edited in a wrong way
did you edit the theme yourself?

But first of all:

check Server Health Check
make sure that the link which you give us is GetSimple and not WordPress ;=)
Can you disable / remove the i18n plugin and see if it functions?
n00dles101 Wrote:Can you disable / remove the i18n plugin and see if it functions?

Yes, when i disable i18n, it's ok, no blank page.
Connie Wrote:check Server Health Check

yes, everything it's oki
missfx Wrote:Yes, when i disable i18n, it's ok, no blank page.

delete the i18N-plugin from your site
and re-upload and install it again, maybe you did not upload in the right way

take care that the files are uploaded by the FTP-program in "automatic mode" or "ascii-mode", not binary (that might have been the reason for "header already...")

then re-activate the plugin
I am sure it will work
I ran into the exact same problem and found the cause of the error for my site.

I use the i18n plugin with the french language pack (plugins/i18n_base/lang/fr_FR.php) and there is 2 blank lines in the php file that cause the «Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by».

I removed those two lines and it work perfectly now.

Also, a workaround to access your admin area after you logged in and got the white page is by accessing /admin/plugins.php.

If you want to certify that the i18n french language pack is the root cause of the eerror, swith back your setting to en_EN and leave the i18n plugin enable. It will probably work with no errors...

-Chris
I'm having a similar problem (blank page after login).

I've turned on debugging, upgraded the index.php, admin and plugins folders to the latest versions. I've tried hiding the theme folder. Removing plugins. Removing user xml files. Clearing my cache & cookies.

The error happens on the client's webserver (Apache) and on my development server (OS X 10.9 + MAMP).

The debug message is below. I'm not sure what to try next so any clue would be appreciated.

+========+
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in client-website/admin/inc/logging.class.php:44 Stack trace: #0 client-website/admin/inc/logging.class.php(44): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('') #1 client-website/admin/inc/login_functions.php(36): GS_Logging_Class->__construct('failedlogins.lo...') #2 client-website/admin/inc/common.php(254): include_once('/Users/edwardbe...') #3 client-website/admin/index.php(14): include('/Users/edwardbe...') #4 {main} thrown in client-website/admin/inc/logging.class.php on line 44
+========+
Delete your failed logins file.
are you using utf-8 user names ?
(2013-12-19, 01:37:38)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Delete your failed logins file.
are you using utf-8 user names ?

WOW! It worked!!!

Thank You, Sir!

And yes, we are using utf-8 (letters, numbers, no punctuation)
There is a fix in the beta for utf-8 usernames breaking failedlogins
If you use a cryllic or other extended character, it breaks the xml ( because we were not using utf-8 in the file )
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/615

Your error is actually a little different, hmmm