GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: GS Blog v1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
mvlcek Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:What you can do is in plugins/blog/class/primary/Blog.php, edit the create_excerpt function and remove the strip_tags and strip_decode functions as seen below:

What will probably create invalid HTML... :-(

BTW, mikeh: you should first strip the tags and only then get the substring of the desired length.
The way you do it, you might get invalid HTML when splitting within a tag, e.g. at <a . And you will nearly always get less characters than desired.
Thanks for the suggestion! I will add this to the next version.
mvlcek Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:What you can do is in plugins/blog/class/primary/Blog.php, edit the create_excerpt function and remove the strip_tags and strip_decode functions as seen below:

What will probably create invalid HTML... :-(

BTW, mikeh: you should first strip the tags and only then get the substring of the desired length.
The way you do it, you might get invalid HTML when splitting within a tag, e.g. at <a . And you will nearly always get less characters than desired.

Thanks so far. I will try it. Whats the point of removing the html anyway? Wouln't it look nicer to have all the advantage of html in the excerp, too?
I'm using get-simple 3.1.2 and gs blog plugin 1.4.1 and want to add Facebook comments to the bottom of my blog posts. With another CMS which I used before this was very simple, I just put this code
Code:
<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">(function(d, s, id) {
  var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
  if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
  js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
  js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1";
  fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
</script>
<div>
in the header of my website and on every page I want Facebook comments I enter the following script at the bottom
Code:
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
document.write('<div class="fb-comments" data-href="'{article_url}'" num_posts="10" width="800"></div>');
//]]>
</script>
and the Facebook comments for that blog article appears nicely.

With GS Blog I had the idea that it would even be more easy as I'm using the Advertising Code to enter the little script and found that you can request the get-simple URL by
Code:
<?php get_page_url(); ?>
but it not seem to work and I'm very new to Get-Simple so what I'm doing wrong...?
If you enter the category name in the Russian language, a new entry in the settings (Assign This Post To A Category) category will be displayed as "# # # # #".
I have a question regarding the tags. Is there a frontend function to display the tags as it is seen in many other blogs (e.g. news.avanti-papi.ch)? If so, how do I include it in the sidebar?
Thanks for your help in this matter.
nice10150 Wrote:I'm using get-simple 3.1.2 and gs blog plugin 1.4.1 and want to add Facebook comments to the bottom of my blog posts.
[...]
With GS Blog I had the idea that it would even be more easy as I'm using the Advertising Code to enter the little script and found that you can request the get-simple URL by
Code:
<?php get_page_url(); ?>
but it not seem to work and I'm very new to Get-Simple so what I'm doing wrong...?

get_page_url() displays (or returns) the URL of the current GetSimple page.

GS Blog posts are not really GetSimple pages. If you use that tag, you will get the URL of the GetSimple page on which the posts are being displayed (without "post=" or "/post/" in the URL), that is, the main blog page.

GS Blog does not have a template tag for this, but it would be useful it had it (for Facebook comments and other services).
Carlos

Thanks for the help it worked great !!!

Bob

Carlos Wrote:
nice10150 Wrote:I'm using get-simple 3.1.2 and gs blog plugin 1.4.1 and want to add Facebook comments to the bottom of my blog posts.
[...]
Code:
<?php get_page_url(); ?>

get_page_url() displays (or returns) the URL of the current GetSimple page.

GS Blog posts are not really GetSimple pages. If you use that tag, you will get the URL of the GetSimple page on which the posts are being displayed (without "post=" or "/post/" in the URL), that is, the main blog page.

GS Blog does not have a template tag for this, but it would be useful it had it (for Facebook comments and other services).
rfuller Wrote:Thanks for the help it worked great !!!

Nice to know, but I suppose you wanted to reply to this post. :-)
If you have javascript disabled, when you create or edit a post in GS Blog the post options are not available.

To fix this, edit blog/inc/adminFunctions.php and insert this:

Code:
<noscript><style>#metadata_window {display:block !important} </style></noscript>

before this (line 629):
Code:
<div id="metadata_window" style="display:none;text-align:left;">
Did you ever change the thumbnails to be able to pick from uploads ?

Also your site appears to be parked.
First of all, thank You and grateful for creating your plugins.

After install GS Blog 1.4.1 and Multi User 1.8.2 I have only error without rest of page on frontend and backend:
Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare check_user_permission() (previously declared in .../plugins/blog/inc/common.php:212) in .../plugins/user-managment.php on line 1323

User-management.php dont't check that function check_user_permission() is existing and try to create new definition (twice time with different args).
On line 64 in frontEndFunction.php you forget to generate link to post for "Read More" button.

Correct for this
Code:
echo '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp<a href="'.$url.'" class="read_more_link">'.$blogSettings['readmore'].'</a>';
Hi:

Hope this is simple. In the list categories generated from the show_all_categories script, how can I leave off the View All Categories entry at the bottom?

Bob
Why do posts have a canonical url defined ?

Nevermind i found a great explanation here
http://support.google.com/webmasters/bin...wer=139394

Is it a problem setting the canonical url to a page that will change over time.
For example some things like facebook will pull a preview from your homepage and never your post directly.
And eventually the post wont be on the homepage, how does ths affect SEO ?

What other options are there, a category page ?

Edit:
For facebook specifically, you can please the opengraph linter with
<meta type="og:url" content="<?php get_current_url(); ?>" >
And a few other meta tags.
My read more or title for the blog post are not working when using the excerpt function. The tile link produces a page not found error, and the read more link produces no change, the blog post page is just reloaded.

http://sa-test.info/blog/

I have configured the blog to use blog as the page to display posts. I have it set to use an excerpt of 250 characters. But as you can see when click the links, the title or the read more link, neither works. I have the pretty urls on and have updated the .htaccess file in the root to the code supplied on the blog configuration page.

I found the mention of fixing the line echo '&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp<a href="'.$url.'" class="read_more_link">'.$blogSettings['readmore'].'</a>';

and this did not work for me either. It just took me to the url http://sa-test.info/blog/.$url.

Any ideas about what I may have done wrong?

Thank you for any help.
hi! Thanks for the plugin. I installed it and it works so far. But I can't call any "custom fields"

I used this code '<?php echo $Blog->getSettingsData("customfieldhere"); ?> ' but I can't see anything.

Another question with TAGS. I tried to get the Tags in a custom layout - But i can only get a url link to all tags at one time, not seperated. I tried to find the original code inside the plugin's php files, but I didn't find it. Could you be so kind and post it here? Thank you!

AD

and thanks again for developing! Smile

[undefined=undefined]ok! Got it...:
[/undefined]
<?php echo $post->CUSTOMFIELDNAME; ?> ....
Dear mikeH!

After playing around with a few Installations I find this plug in really helpful and great!

I used it to have some Products listed, but also Blog posts.

Four things would be great to have built in:

1. Blog - own template from php file - not from the built in editor (slow, strange beahaviour, wrong lines, etc.) - this time I edited the frontEndFunctions.php to get the best results. - Thats working great so far - but wouldn't it be possible to make e.g. a template called frontEndFunctions_temp1.php - and let GS Blog recognize this as the template? That would of course also be great to have this connected to the category the post comes from. Category Template maybe. So one is default, and temp_work.php, temp_fun.php...

2. An option to set the template for Listed Posts, one template for the single view.

3. An option to decide in which direction ASC, DESC the Articles are listed. At the moment only Date is available. (A drag and drop order function for the posts would be great - like in Pages!) - So if you get for instance not only Blog posts, but also Products listed its great to let them be ordered in no time.

4. File Upload from directory inside Post Writing.

Thank you for the wonderful plug in and your work!!!! Works great so far. :-)

AD
Hi!

today I got a strange bug. After releasing a new post, everything looks as usual, - post successfully saved - but the title doesn't show up - and I can't click the post for editing. When I try to delete the Post, I get the error message: "Feed Could Not Be Deleted" - and the "empty" post still shows up. I tried it several times, reinstalled the plugin completely, deleted the posts in data folder. but no luck. any suggestions?
thank you!

AD
I can't seem to make the pretty url work with nginx. I've tried changing the rewrite settings to nginx form. But nothing works. Has anyone successfully done this??
See: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...2#pid26702
It was for News Manager, but I believe GS Blog uses the same url structure.
(2012-11-28, 05:24:42)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]See: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...2#pid26702
It was for News Manager, but I believe GS Blog uses the same url structure.

Tried them earlier. Doesn't work. Got any other ideas?
No more ideas. I can only suggest you post your rewrite file (the one that works with GetSimple's fancy urls but not with the blog) in one of the nginx-related threads here. Maybe someone who knows nginx can help you.
(2012-11-29, 01:47:44)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]No more ideas. I can only suggest you post your rewrite file (the one that works with GetSimple's fancy urls but not with the blog) in one of the nginx-related threads here. Maybe someone who knows nginx can help you.

Well, I am posting the rewrite rules right here. I hope the developer of the plugin sees it and helps.

location /blog {
rewrite ^/blog/post/(.+)$ /index.php?id=blog&post=$1 last
rewrite ^/blog/tag/(.+)$ /index.php?id=blog&tag=$1 last
rewrite ^/blog/page/(.+)$ /index.php?id=blog&page=$1 last
rewrite ^/blog/archive/(.+)$ /index.php?id=blog&archive=$1 last
rewrite ^/blog/category/(.+)$ /index.php?id=blog&category=$1 last
}
I'm new to GetSimple, so apologies if this is known or I'm flagging it incorrectly.

I was stymied after installing GS Blog because I couldn't find the button for Settings from the screen shots -- or any of the buttons other than Posts. Ultimately, I discovered that they all showed up if, and only if, I deactivated the Multi-User plugin. Now GS Blog seems to work fine.

I'm attaching a screen-shot of the curious buttonless Blog Manager panel that appears if I activate Multi-User. Otherwise, I'm using GetSimple 3.1.2, the Innovation theme 1.2, and GS Blog 1.4.1, as well as Front-End User Login 3.1, and Send Anonymous Data 1.0.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21