GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: GS Blog v1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2014-01-12, 02:13:26)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]Insert this in your sidebar:
Code:
<?php show_blog_categories(); ?>
and you'll get a list of links to category pages.
(source: the plugin's Help page)

I don't know if there's a way to display posts by category in another page instead of the blog's page.

I don't want post my news at sidebar but i want at the different page.
I think no other way except use many news manager, like:
-GS Blog
-news manager updated
-TIDEngine News/Blog Manager

I hope someone help me. Sad Sad Sad Sad
(2014-01-12, 02:31:40)n4shru11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-12, 02:13:26)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]Insert this in your sidebar:
Code:
<?php show_blog_categories(); ?>
and you'll get a list of links to category pages.
(source: the plugin's Help page)

I don't know if there's a way to display posts by category in another page instead of the blog's page.

I don't want post my news at sidebar but i want at the different page.
I think no other way except use many news manager, like:
-GS Blog
-news manager updated
-TIDEngine News/Blog Manager

I hope someone help me. Sad Sad Sad Sad

i giving the same question:
I don't want post my news at sidebar but i want at the different page's. It's posible?
i'm was used a
<?php show_blog_category('samochody'); ?>
where "samochody" is a category of news.
But when i click in "readmore" in page with this add:
<?php show_blog_category('samochody'); ?>
a active page change (menu active) to the page with is selected from a setting's GS Blog.

it's posible to add's a pagination in category news?
it's posible to integrate a I18N Search with this blog pages?

please help. Wink thank You very much!
I found Bug Issue on cancel button. the bug is on line 672.
<code>
<?php displayCustomFields('main'); ?>
<input name="post" type="submit" class="submit" value="<?php i18n(BLOGFILE.'/SAVE_POST'); ?>" />
&nbsp;&nbsp;<?php i18n(BLOGFILE.'/OR'); ?>&nbsp;&nbsp;
<a href="load.php?id=news_manager&cancel" class="cancel"><?php i18n(BLOGFILE.'/CANCEL'); ?></a>
<?php
if ($post_id != null)
</code>

just change line
<a href="load.php?id=news_manager&cancel" class="cancel"><?php i18n(BLOGFILE.'/CANCEL'); ?></a>

with
<a href="load.php?id=blog&cancel" class="cancel"><?php i18n(BLOGFILE.'/CANCEL'); ?></a>
(2014-01-23, 11:39:32)gogetweb Wrote: [ -> ]I found Bug Issue on cancel button. the bug is on line 672.

Known issue, previously reported here (and here)
Hello.
After moving my website from my local wamp server to online server, i have an error from GS Blog plugin (in the admin panel and in website pages):

In admin panel: Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_posts_admin() in /***/plugins/blog.php on line 158

In recent posts page: Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_blog_recent_posts() in /***/plugins/zzzz_exec-php.php(30) : eval()'d code on line 17

In blog page: Fatal error: Call to undefined function show_all_blog_posts() in /***/plugins/blog.php on line 209

i don't know how to manage this...
Did you upload all the plugin files and folders?
yes, i've copied the entire website folder. Everything is in there...
in fact, i've seen that the zzzz_exec-php is another plugin to put php in content of pages, so, i'm affraid there's a global plugins problem with GS and not just GS Blog...
No idea. It looks like some GS Blog functions are not available, that's why I thought you may be missing some file(s).
You have right Carlos. Thank you. There was maybe a file lost or corrupted during the upload, so, i've re-uploaded everything about admin, plugins, etc..., and everything works fine now.
Thanks again, i would have not think about re-upload before many hours of searching...
Hello,
sorry for my bad English. Currently the uploader thumbnails pointing to folders on my pc. it's possible to change the path and point to the folder uploader as well as when I insert an image through the uploader editor?
Hi,

I am using GS v3.2.3, PHP v5.4.22 on XAMPP v3.2.1

I have installed GS Blog v1.5
I have everything set to default in Blog Manager/Settings but have added a page to display the blogs.

I have two issues (maybe more) which I believe are due to my PHP inexperience.

The first is, I do not think any options in Blog Manager/Settings is working for me:
the time stamp does not show up anywhere
the read more links are not showing
"Previous Blog Page" Text and "Next Blog Page" Text are not showing. Correction, they show on the excerpt page but not the full blog page (should they?)

My second issue is that on every page except the blog page, I am getting this error:

Code:
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in X:\xampp\htdocs\My_CMS_Template\plugins\blog\inc\frontEndFunctions.php on line 661

Line 661 is:
PHP Code:
$metad $Blog->create_excerpt(html_entity_decode($post->content), 0$excerpt_length
;

I would appreciate someone telling me what I am doing wrong.

thanks
I had hoped for a reply on this. If I submitted to the wrong place, I will re-post it as a new thread.

thanks
Hi Lucian, sorry you didn't get a reply.

The author of GS Blog has not been around the forum for a long time so the plugin is no longer updated and it is available really just 'as is', although often some other user will be able to answer a question.

The News Manager plugin is being updated and maintained by Carlos as News Manager (Updated)
(2014-03-08, 06:59:48)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lucian, sorry you didn't get a reply.

The author of GS Blog has not been around the forum for a long time so the plugin is no longer updated and it is available really just 'as is', although often some other user will be able to answer a question.

The News Manager plugin is being updated and maintained by Carlos as News Manager (Updated)

Thanks Timbow. I will try News Manager then.

Cheers
Hi,
I have installed GS blog plugin, but post url from main posts page is redirecting to blogs page itself. Can you please check this URL -
http://www.houseofyogurt.com.au/blog/
Also readmore link is invisible.
You may have GSCANONICAL enabled in gsconfig. Disable that setting, it has problems with several plugins (any that uses parameters/dynamic URLs)

As for the readmore link, it seems you didn't define a custom text for that, but there's also a known issue, see here http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...4#pid32984 or use a custom post template.
Hello Carlos,
Thanks for your quick response, I have disabled GSCANONICAL in gsconfig, but still having same issue. Post URL redirecting to posts page.

http://www.houseofyogurt.com.au/blog/pos...rt-flavour

Regards
Looks like you didn't really disable it (or else you have some redirection script or redirect rule that forces canonical redirects).

If you disabled by setting it to 0 or false, it will still be enabled.
You have to comment out the gsconfig setting with a # prefix
Code:
#define('GSCANONICAL', 1);

...or simply remove that line.
Thanks Carlos,

Its working now.

Regards
Hey

Was just wondering if anyone is developing this plugin any more? There doesn't appear to be...

If not, I would like to take over and continue development myself. I have already created a new version on my own website that includes a number of changes plus fixes to all the problems I could find in this thread.

More information can be found here:
https://www.johnstray.com/get-simple/plugins/blog/
I would be happy if you finish this plugin
(2014-05-10, 11:12:33)johnstray2001 Wrote: [ -> ]If not, I would like to take over and continue development myself. I have already created a new version on my own website that includes a number of changes plus fixes to all the problems I could find in this thread.

Great!

It seems you missed a fix for transliteration support that I had posted:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...8#pid32108 or https://github.com/mikehenken/getsimple-blog/issues/17
(2014-05-10, 11:12:33)johnstray2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey

Was just wondering if anyone is developing this plugin any more? There doesn't appear to be...

If not, I would like to take over and continue development myself. I have already created a new version on my own website that includes a number of changes plus fixes to all the problems I could find in this thread.

Hi John,

You would be most welcome to contribute in any way you like. GetSimple is totally user-developed and user-maintained. Updating this blog plugin would be a really useful job. Feel free to make a new upload to extend and open a new support thread if you want. Feel free to ask for help if you have any questions. Welcome.

I looked at your site. It's a nice portfolio. I liked the newspaper layout.
(2014-05-10, 18:28:05)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-10, 11:12:33)johnstray2001 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey

Hi John,

You would be most welcome to contribute in any way you like. GetSimple is totally user-developed and user-maintained. Updating this blog plugin would be a really useful job. Feel free to make a new upload to extend and open a new support thread if you want. Feel free to ask for help if you have any questions. Welcome.

I looked at your site. It's a nice portfolio. I liked the newspaper layout.

Thanks. I will most certainly do that. My website is currently under reconstruction at th moment, so a lot of the content is still missing. Feel free to check it out at a later date.

I will post a link in here to the new extend and support forum pages when I have finished uploading.

P.S.: a number of the themes in the portfolio are planned to be converted for GS and made available for download. Watch my blog for more info...
IMPORTANT

This thread is for older versions of the GS Blog Plugin which are no longer updated and maintained. Please also look at the
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21