GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Restore Default Sidebar in BlueBusiness theme.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Blue Business theme. I edited the sidebar in the getsimple cms editor, and it shows the edits I made in the editor. I saved the components but suddenly the sidebar is not working and is empty of content. I don't know what happened to it. Do you have a suggestion for how to restore it back to the default sidebar settings? Or is there something else you can suggest to fix this problem?
Attached is a screenshot
If you delete component's content and save it, the component will be deleted.
You can bring them back only if you won't exit from components page, but I assume you already did that.

Just add a new component, name it sidebar and if you want to leave it empty just add a nonbreakable space  

ps. it's not a fault of blubeusiness theme, and if you have further questions, refer to its thread Wink
Thanks, although that helped to be able to add content , it did not restore it to the default to use the styles that originally came with the sidebar. How can I change the font and create a list or add links in this sidebar. Do I need to fix a file?
Default text in sidebar:
Code:
<h2>GetSimple Features</h2>
<ul>
<li>XML based data storage</li>
<li>Best-in-Class User Interface</li>
<li>'Undo' protection &amp; backups</li>
<li>Easy to theme</li>
<li>Great documentation</li>
<li>Growing community</li>
</ul>
<p>This is your sidebar text. Please change me in <em>Theme -&gt; Edit Components</em></p>
<p><a href="http://get-simple.info/download/">Download the Latest GetSimple</a></p>
Just copy and paste it.

If you want to use sidebar as a html/content container, with text editor available on page edit, then just format the text on normal page, launch html source view, copy page source and paste it into sidebar.
Thank you! I did not know I can write html code directly into the editor on the sidebar.
I use the Add-ons for Mozilla Write Area
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/ad...src=search