GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Multi-User question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(I apologize in advance if this isn't the right forum, it seemed like the best choice for my question.)

I'm looking for a CMS that allows multiple users to have rights to their own space or set of web pages, ideally in directories with their username. I found GetSimple through this link:

http://get-simple.info/wiki/config:multi-user

Based on what that page shows, am I correct in thinking that GetSimple would allow me to give each user a bit of webspace to create pages, and they would each have a unique URL to their pages?
I'm sure with a lot of extra development towards a new plugin you could get something working how you describe but no, the multi-user plugin doesn't manage page-level create and edit permissions. If development isn't your thing, you may need to look at configuring MODx or Wordpress to get what your looking for.

The problem (or I think benefit) of GetSimple is it's the best CMS for relatively simple projects and with more complexity comes less simplicity.
Thank you.

Yes, I'd like something uncluttered and without too many bells and whistles. Wordpress is a possibility, but it carries a lot of overhead and probably wouldn't scale well for me.

Any other possible suggestions beyond Wordpress and MODx?

sal Wrote:I'm sure with a lot of extra development towards a new plugin you could get something working how you describe but no, the multi-user plugin doesn't manage page-level create and edit permissions. If development isn't your thing, you may need to look at configuring MODx or Wordpress to get what your looking for.

The problem (or I think benefit) of GetSimple is it's the best CMS for relatively simple projects and with more complexity comes less simplicity.