GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: New Editor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be awesome any improvement to the pages' editor, because I have so many times to go to the source code of the page and write some HTML...

What do you think about?
do you use the editor in standard configuration or in advanced configuration?

You can expand the editor by yourself

there is a lot of information in the WIKI, see here: http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:wysiwyg_editor

please tell us which function you are missing
Connie Wrote:do you use the editor in standard configuration or in advanced configuration?

You can expand the editor by yourself

there is a lot of information in the WIKI, see here: http://get-simple.info/wiki/how_to:wysiwyg_editor

please tell us which function you are missing

Yeah, I had it enabled already. It would be useful for me to have a button in the editor's bar to use the < pre > html tag...

Would you mind helping me? I've been trying to find out a way to add it in the /admin/edit.php page but I didn't find anything... Just a variable called $toolbar which seems to be that bar but I don't really know...

Thank you!
ant0nlg Wrote:Yeah, I had it enabled already. It would be useful for me to have a button in the editor's bar to use the < pre > html tag...

If you include the "format" dropdown in your editor toolbar, it includes a "Formatted" format by default, which is rendered as a <pre>.
mvlcek Wrote:
ant0nlg Wrote:Yeah, I had it enabled already. It would be useful for me to have a button in the editor's bar to use the < pre > html tag...

If you include the "format" dropdown in your editor toolbar, it includes a "Formatted" format by default, which is rendered as a <pre>.

I hadn't installed the TinyMCE's editor yet... Now, everything's fine.
I would like to add my vote to a request for a better editor as standard. The Editor as-is is not really fit for purpose in that you have to use tags even to create a heading.

I know the options for the advanced editor and TinyMCE but the advanced editor could be enabled by a check box, not by opening a config file and it should not require a separate (big) plugin.
yeah, this a problem in GS Architecture. There is no any easy way to change editor for e.g.
I support to edit and configure the Editor's options in the admin area, but I do not support any other editor ;=)
PageLime has a really good wysiwyg editor manager.
It has a nice drag and drop interface to add/delete/organize available editor tools.
It would be great to see this functionality replicated for GetSimple.
I have started working on a plugin that allows adding plugins, customizing toolbars, and swapping editors.
All dynamically, with no need to edit gsconfig, ckeditor config, or using the ckeditor plugin folder.

Hopefully i have time to work on it soon in the next coming months.
Hi,

and how is going work? Did you had time to sit on it?
Not really, we are in the process of redoing the site and moving the SVN over to github.
I have not had time for personal projects.