GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Fancy URLs problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Testing out GS (3.1.2) on my own server (win7 with apache 2.2.21 and php 5.3.8) and have all green when checking Website Health Check.

http://worldofwobo.com/test/

I have turned on the Use Fancy URLs in General Settings and waited a couple of hours. Even restarted the apache a couple of times but can't seem to get it to work.

So I want to know what I can do to error search fancy URLs?

//wobo
Read the following page:

http://get-simple.info/wiki/permalinks

...i hope this helps!
Already read that a few times and it says:
The default URL structure for “FancyURLs” ON is: %parent%/%slug%/

If I understand this thing right I should only need to check the box for Fancy URLs and have mod_rewrite enabled for it to work using the default URL structure which I am after.

So I haven't put anything in the Custom URL box since I want the default one and I have not changed any rewrite rules in .htaccess file since this as I understand this should also not be needed for the default URL structure.

So how do I error search this? Any specific logs that can help or any test since I haven't played around with anything like this before it would help with a hint of what to look at.

//wobo
wobo Wrote:So how do I error search this? Any specific logs that can help or any test since I haven't played around with anything like this before it would help with a hint of what to look at.
This problem is related to win+apache, not to webapplication using mod_rewrite. At least not directly.
Make sure mod_rewrite is working correctly on your software platform.
You can easily find problems, and solutions, where among the others you should be interested in "AllowOverride all" option.
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
<Files ~ "\.xml$">
Order allow,deny
Deny from all
Satisfy All
</Files>
<Files sitemap.xml>
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
Satisfy All
</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /gs3/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

============================================OR

RewriteEngine on

<ifmodule mod_rewrite.c="">
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /gs3/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /gs3/index.php [L]
</ifmodule>

What does it say in the .htaccess?

I can't use Fancy URL.

I used to use Fancy url with the ".htaccess" below, but now I can't either way.