GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Turn off 'Fancy URLs" from outside of Admin page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hosting a GetSimple site on a windows server (winhost- never again!). I mistakenly clicked "Use Fancy URLs" in the settings page. That immediately caused an error and now I'm unable to sign back in to uncheck the Fancy URL box. So, can I change this setting outside of the Admin page? If so, how?

Here are the errors I'm getting on the login page

Code:
Warning: simplexml_load_string(): Entity: line 5: parser error : Entity 'nbsp' not defined in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\basic.php on line 258 Warning: simplexml_load_string():  </div>
in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\basic.php on line 258 Warning: simplexml_load_string(): ^ in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\basic.php on line 258 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\common.php on line 128 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\common.php on line 129 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\common.php on line 130 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\common.php on line 131 Warning: simplexml_load_string(): Entity: line 5: parser error : Entity 'nbsp' not defined in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\basic.php on line 258 Warning: simplexml_load_string():  </div>
in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\basic.php on line 258 Warning: simplexml_load_string(): ^ in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\basic.php on line 258 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\login_functions.php on line 44 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in E:\web\therocka\admin\inc\login_functions.php on line 45

Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks
-Tom
a "radical solution":

you could run a new installation and save data, theme and plugin-directory before ...
backup the /data/other/website.xml file, edit it, and change:
<PRETTYURLS>1</PRETTYURLS> to <PRETTYURLS></PRETTYURLS>
yojoe Wrote:backup the /data/other/website.xml file, edit it, and change:
<PRETTYURLS>1</PRETTYURLS> to <PRETTYURLS></PRETTYURLS>

Thanks for the suggestion yojoe. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.
That is where it is stored, I do not think that is your problem though.

I think your user data or config is corrupt.
Its failing to load your user information, did you somehow put a space in your username ?
Or your website file is corrupt.