GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: CKEditor other buttons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry, noob question i think but i can't find any answer from the forum.
how do i enable the others buttons (like insert image, flash) for GS version 2 editor toolbar?

thanks!
in the file gsconfig.php in the root of the install.

uncomment line 29 which enables all the advanced buttons in CkEditor.

Mike.
yes, i did that and it only revealed few extra drop down styling button and no insert image/flash/etc buttons.

maybe i have corrupted my install, will try a fresh install again.

thanks for the help!
hi,

i am trying the last stable version 2.0.
yes even if we choose the advanced toolbar, we do not have access to the image button, so we could not insert images or files uploaded in the file manager (in which file do you configure teh toolbars, maybe the image plugin in ckeditor is not called to be dispalyed at all ?).

besides, it seems you used ckeditor 3.0 but there is a new release 3.1 with many bug fixes.

thank you to propose us a solution...

PS: i think it would be great if we could choose the elments of our toolbars, i mean maybe my advanced toolbar will be different from the standard one proposed by GS, could you say me where could i change that ?
uncomment of line 32 #define('GSEDITORLANG', 'fr'); in gsconfig.php and changing langauge to fr, ar, de, it...cause not display the editor !
i think there is a problem.

please to check and solve.
to superyms

of course there is a problem Smile you need to download CKEditor french language file and put it here
Code:
admin\template\js\ckeditor\lang
vsky Wrote:to superyms

of course there is a problem Smile you need to download CKEditor french language file and put it here
Code:
admin\template\js\ckeditor\lang

Thank you,

Finaly i have installed all languages i may use : french, arabic, spanish, italian and german.

But until now there is no way to insert files or images from the editor ?? May be it will be developped for the next GS version i hope !

Bye.
Also looking for the insert Image button.

I have the advance option in the GS config file on, the other buttons appear but no the insert image button.
Is there a problem with allowing it?

Thanks.

Heres a screenshot:
[Image: ckedit.jpg]
princemac Wrote:Also looking for the insert Image button.

I have the advance option in the GS config file on, the other buttons appear but no the insert image button.
Is there a problem with allowing it?

Thanks.

Heres a screenshot:
[Image: ckedit.jpg]

Hi,

I think as the browser file for CKEditor is not already coded or integrated so i don't think we will see that button until it will be done!

As the CKEditor do not include an open source browser...we have to achieve a replacement... maybe KFM - Kae's File Manager http://kfm.verens.com/

Bye.
Not sure what you mean superyms, but thanks nevertheless for your reply.

I was just thinking of a insert image button like what TinyMCE had, where you put the url of the image in, then select the justification (Main reason I want it) and border etc.

Thanks again.
princemac Wrote:Not sure what you mean superyms, but thanks nevertheless for your reply.

I was just thinking of a insert image button like what TinyMCE had, where you put the url of the image in, then select the justification (Main reason I want it) and border etc.

Thanks again.

Ok normally it is ready to be used in CKEditor, we have just to call it for the configuration file of the advanced tool-bar, but i ignore where is this file is placed in GS 2.0, i asked already about it but not any answer...may be someone will do...i will search for it meanwhile!
superyms Wrote:
princemac Wrote:Not sure what you mean superyms, but thanks nevertheless for your reply.

Thanks again.

Ok normally it is ready to be used in CKEditor, we have just to call it for the configuration file of the advanced tool-bar, but i ignore where is this file is placed in GS 2.0, i asked already about it but not any answer...may be someone will do...i will search for it meanwhile!

Found, look in the file \admin\edit.php and there in the line 275 to 280 you have :

Code:
if ($EDTOOL == 'advanced') {
                $toolbar = "
                        ['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source'],
              '/',
              ['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize']
          ";

you have just to add : Image, so it will become :

Code:
if ($EDTOOL == 'advanced') {
                $toolbar = "
                        ['Bold', 'Italic', 'Underline', 'NumberedList', 'BulletedList', 'JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyBlock', 'Table', 'TextColor', 'BGColor', 'Link', 'Unlink', 'Image', 'RemoveFormat', 'Source'],
              '/',
              ['Styles','Format','Font','FontSize']
          ";

if you need to add Flash files you have to add Flash to call the flash button.

there also you could choose your buttons for the Basic one !

Bye.
I Love You!!

Now Get-Simple is PERFECT!

Thanks again
SuperYMS, have you ever used the KFM browser before?
ccagle8 Wrote:SuperYMS, have you ever used the KFM browser before?
Yes, i have...but not in very large way..i mean just once!
Very Nice, thanks a lot!

But how come I can't paste with formatting included?? A window opens that wants to paste in plain text, how come?? In other CMSs using html editors I can paste with formatting. I had to use "Xinha Here" to paste with formatting and I don't really want to do that all the time. I must be missing something??

Thanks and keep up the great work!!
tyee Wrote:Very Nice, thanks a lot!

But how come I can't paste with formatting included?? A window opens that wants to paste in plain text, how come?? In other CMSs using html editors I can paste with formatting. I had to use "Xinha Here" to paste with formatting and I don't really want to do that all the time. I must be missing something??

Thanks and keep up the great work!!

Hi,

I didn't remember why ? (i suppose that a bug in CKEditor 3.0 normally corrected in the new version or maybe something else) ...you could ask on the forum/community of CKEditor...maybe you will find why!

Bye.
thanks superyms for finding the edit.php line...

just curious, may i know the reason why those buttons (esp image) are not included?
i am re-skining the ckeditor buttons to make them looks nicer (minimal greyscale)
I found it here - http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/sy...sPlainText

Whether to force all pasting operations to insert on plain text into the editor, loosing any formatting information possibly available in the source text.
Defined in: plugins/pastetext/plugin.js.

config.forcePasteAsPlainText = true;

Default Value:
false

It is false in GetSimple but acts like it is true, so must be a bug in CKEditor. I'll keep looking.

So does anyone know how to incorporate a fresh download of CKEditor into Get Simple? I'm guessing but it can't be as easy as just downloading and overwriting files is it??
I could use a little help.

I am trying to add the Image Button, so I can add pictures from the editor, but this thread has gotten so fragmented it is hard to keep up with.

Could someone explain how to add the Image Button?

Thanks in advance.

Bob