GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: How to create a custom Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i am new to all of this and i have investigated many different CMS systems, I find that every theme includes the kitchen sink when many users actually dont need the kitchen sink!

I would like my CMs to be simple to use etc. I think i have found the winner!

I have a question though, I currently use Artisteer to theme for joomla, wordpress and drupal. this works just fine to get my custom look to a site.

Can i use this software for GS? if not is there any similar software?
You don't get much simpler than this. It's great!!

Can that software make generic web pages? All you need for this CMS is a static web page.

GetSimple isn't quite as user friendly when it comes to making the web pages themselves unless you know a little code. You will need to dip into the code and copy / paste little snippets of code where you want content.
http://get-simple.info/wiki/themes:template_tags

The tricky thing is knowing where in the code to place the items. What you can do if you are unfamiliar with HTML is write a message in the code (using a text editing program to load the file), and then save and load it in the browser to see where on the page it appears.
Go back and put it somewhere else, then load again etc etc till you refine your location.
Hi Steve and Welcome.

When I finally got on with creating html and css with a text editor I really wished I hadn't wasted so much time trying to learn Dreamweaver and kompozer, but I know a lot of people like to use html editors. I never found one which worked with php but it would be great.

If you want simple there are a couple of themes in Extend which are made for you to embellish and build on, although I found the standard Cardinal theme to make pretty good boilerplate code.