GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: can't open file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all!

I'm trying to edit themes through Theme Editor (@admin panel) but when I press a button to save changes it redirects me to a blank page with the text "can't open file". How to solve that problem? I think it's something about permissions, yeh?
Please use the Health check located at YOURSITEURL/admin/health-check.php and make sure it is correct. Also make sure you're using the latest version of GetSimple CMS, 3.1.2.
All is green Smile
Can you check the permissions of the themes folder? You could do this via your host's control panel if it has a good File Manager, or you could do it with FTP.
It has 755
I know it's insecure, but just for a test could you please set it to 777 and see if that works? If it doesn't, please set it back and contact your hosting provider; they should be able to assist you with the problem. If not, you may consider switching, as this problem is often caused by the wrong "chown" user.
It may also be worth enable debug mode and seeing if any errors are displayed. Use config.php and in comment debug and it's enabled.
Changing permissions helped.
Can you check the permissions of the themes folder.It may also be worth enable debug mode and seeing if any errors are displayed.

...................................................................................................................
jame22