GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Social Networking icons disappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using the default template with the latest release

Hi everyone, I have no idea why, but the social networking icons on the top right have gone away. I haven't made many changes. I added a change to the right side of the template, but I just changed the name of the header and made the first entry be a URL. I also added a page, and that's about it.

Any ideas on how to get them back?

thanks
They are probably added via javascript and the id of the element might be missing ?
Thanks for the fast reply Shawn. I think I understand what you are saying... not sure about the id part. Can you point me in a direction where I can find this and hopefully fix it?

thanks
Whatever you changed removed something critical or changed the id on a element.
I would have to look at the theme and see
ok... I will try and take a look... problem is that I'm new at this and will not know what I'm looking for (smile). If I find anything I will let you know.

thanks
good time to get a good editor with syntax highlighting and maybe a diff mode.
try notepad++
Ok... I'll try that. I've used notepad++ before so that's cool. There are not that many .js files so it should be hard to find (I hope). I searched all the script files for "bookmark, social, and networking" and I didn't find anything. But I'm going to try what you said and see if I can find something.

thanks for your help!
is this innovation theme ?

heres the default

https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpl...ar.inc.php
I compared the two files and they are identical. So.... that's not it. I might just reinstall. Since I'm just getting started, I don't have much to lose, lol

Well... you're going to think I'm just too much of a newbie, but I installed your admin plugin and guess what? All the social networking buttons are now working again. Don't ask me, I'll take it as a victory any way I can. And in case no one knows about this plugin.. it's really nice and you should download it. I'm glad I did!

thanks a bunch Shawn...