GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Hello and silly question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, first of all let me introduce myself: I am a web developer and amateur photographer; I am currently evaluating GS for a possible client's website but there's something that makes me a little bit doubtful about GS.

Is there any way to EASILY include a document from the documents section into a page?

Not all the clients would be able to include a pdf document typing a link into the page using the link button without messing everything up! I have read in another post that no default file browser will be included in CKEditor install in the next future and this is worrying me a bit.

Any clue/hints about including WYSIWYG-way a pdf document into a page?

Thanks cheers

Stefano
The files area you can upload and copy the link to the file and paste into the page editor. There is no easier way currently.
Thanks for the reply, I agree with you that usually clients ask for features that they will never use, but of course, they want you to implement those features Smile

Stefano

PS I will try with tinymce
Administrator.. I think you are mis-understaning this question, because I'm having the same problem. If you attach/upload a pdf or Text File through the file manager, when you click on it to get the code to add it into a page.. it just downloads the file to your desktop, it does not open the window that shows you your code like an image. Jpg's and Gif's work perfect.. any other file type does not. I would love to use this.. but my clients can't attach pdf on their pages or technical drawings and downloadable pdf documents because the file manager will not handle them properly. Is there a FIX for this?
wallyd3 Wrote:Administrator.. I think you are mis-understaning this question, because I'm having the same problem. If you attach/upload a pdf or Text File through the file manager, when you click on it to get the code to add it into a page.. it just downloads the file to your desktop, it does not open the window that shows you your code like an image. Jpg's and Gif's work perfect.. any other file type does not. I would love to use this.. but my clients can't attach pdf on their pages or technical drawings and downloadable pdf documents because the file manager will not handle them properly. Is there a FIX for this?

Wether or not a PDF file (or any other file type for that matter) opens up in your browser or downloads to your computer, has NOTHING to do with the CMS. Simply not all browsers can read PDF files by default, and if they can read PDF files, when a PDF link is clicked the file will open in the browser.

-Matt