GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Missing images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

For some reason, images uploaded to the data/uploads directory won't appear on my site. Attempting to navigate to the image's URL there results in a "Forbidden / You don't have permission to access [relative URL].png on this server"

The .htaccess file for the directory contains just two lines:

Quote:
Code:
Options -Indexes
Allow from all

The permissions for the files originally were something like 644, but I changed them to 755. The permissions for the directory itself was always 755.

Any ideas what's going on? Thanks for your help, and apologies if this has been addressed before -- I couldn't find it in the forum.

tf
I think I have the same problem.

I can upload files just fine, but when I try to access them through the panel or even directly (http://...jpg) I will get either a "The requested content cannot be loaded. Please try again later." or an "Internal Server Error". The files are there and when I copy them from the server to my desktop I can open them with no problems at all.

Permissions for the folder are set to 755 with me too.

The .htaccess file is the same as from the installation package, no changes made at all.

Everything else works just fine.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
"internal server error" is not the same as "permission denied", only the result is the same, you cannot use your images

@tf2, we cannot support you if you do not give us the URL of the site or information, which hoster, which GS version etc.

Please log in in GS, go to "Support / Website Health Check" and check if there are some infos popping up...
I would suggest to contact your hoster's support, as you have a strange situation which is not standard ...

@spiel: just the same advice, check the Website Health Check...
(2013-03-18, 23:11:56)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]@spiel: just the same advice, check the Website Health Check...

Should have mentioned that everything shows up fine there, no problems at all!

And about contacting the server staff, I'd need to give them some info as to what to look into :\

I'm pretty sure though that it's something to do with upgrading GetSimple. I had no problems with the images while I was still using 3.1.0 and only started noticing this now, two days after I upgraded.

Anything there that could have influenced the ability to access those images?
Permissions or you siteurl is wrong.
You could post some info or else your not going to get any help.
(2013-03-19, 09:04:43)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Permissions or you siteurl is wrong.
You could post some info or else your not going to get any help.

As I said, folder permissions are set to 755, everything else works fine and there were no problems with uploading before the upgrade.

If the siteurl was wrong, wouldn't I have problems accessing all the pages too? And the link for the image is generated, so it's not a typo either.
Or am I misunderstanding something here?

I would post more info if I knew which info you needed Sad
Maybe someone could write a howto submit issues guide, it would be very helpful. sigh.

* providing real domains is not necessary

Platform
OS
httpd server

Health checks
php version
gs version
Any orange or red

From settings
SiteUrl and recommended
Fancy urls on?

root htaccess rewrite rule

Exact problem.
url trying to load
Expected behavior
Actual behavior, exact error messages or browser output.

Advanced, turn debug mode on gather php errors.
Check browser console for missing assets and js errors.

We need to know exactly what you are loading. could be path issue, could be filename issue, could be file permissions, could be file owner.
Does the image load when you preview it in file manager ?
(2013-03-19, 23:03:51)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Does the image load when you preview it in file manager ?

Nope, that's what I meant when I wrote "access through the panel" Sleepy

Platform
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
httpd server - Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)

Health checks
php version - PHP Version 5.3.2 - 1ubuntu4.18
gs version - 3.2.0 (worked on 3.1.0)
Any orange or red - all clear (green)

From settings
SiteUrl and recommended - http://test.test.de/homepage/ (??)
Fancy urls on? - yes
Permalink - %slug%

root htaccess rewrite rule - no changes made from install

Quote:AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
#Options -Indexes

# blocks direct access to the XML files - they hold all the data!
#<Files ~ "\.xml$">
# Order allow,deny
# Deny from all
# Satisfy All
#</Files>
#<Files sitemap.xml>
# Order allow,deny
# Allow from all
# Satisfy All
#</Files>

RewriteEngine on

# Usually it RewriteBase is just '/', but
# replace it with your subdirectory path
RewriteBase /homepage/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule /?([A-Za-z0-9_-]+)/?$ index.php?id=$1 [QSA,L]

Exact problem
url trying to load - http://test.test.de/homepage/data/upload...easing.png
Expected behavior - shows image
Actual behavior, exact error messages or browser output. - Internal Server Error / The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Advanced, turn debug mode on gather php errors. - none
Check browser console for missing assets and js errors. - none but the server error from not getting to the images

I'm running another GS website on the same server, different directory with no problems. There was no prior GS install for that site though.

Tried changing the .htaccess in "data" to "allow from all", but that didn't do nothing Tongue

I hope this helps? Huh
It sounds like either it is processing your request for images as a script, OR more likely failing to process a htaccess file somewhere in the path.

A bad htaccess will throw a 500

Check the path all the way to the image for a bad htaccess file.
It may be in any folder in the path to your image.

Also bypass root htaccess to be sure its not that, process of elimination.
Also check your error logs, it will tell you what the error is.

I forgot to also ask what is the physical webroot path to getsimple.
/homepage/getsimple ?
I don't know why it worked (I couldn't find any meaningful changes to .htaccess files or anything else important), but re-installing GS (yet again) worked like a charm today.

Thanks a lot for your time and trying to help me! Smile
some host/server/webspace doesn't support Options -Indexes in htaccess (root/data upload). You get problems at installation and adding images in file browser. i removed Options -Indexes and it works. I search a way to configure it at the installation setup, any solution? i had big problems at one.com