GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: GetSimple CMS ITA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everybody! I would like to share with you what I've done:

http://www.get-simple.it

This would be a starting point for the Italian community of GS.

What do you think about that? I know that others have tried the same in the past, but I think I have a different idea of what this should be, and a different mind.

I hope you enjoy it. The Theme is 100% written from scratch.

I hope one day we will have an Italian forum to link to Big Grin

Cheers.
Hi -FrA-, consider uploading the theme to extend, maybe someone likes it. About your site, i suggest linking to the original gs download (get-simple.info/latest). I don't feel comfortable installing 'unofficial' tampered version of gs.

Maybe other people will feel different, but i don't think it's a good idea distributing slightly different versions of the same package from different host. What if the gs team push an important security update and you're not around, or if your version has virus or a malicious file? Additionally the gs team don't get the real download stats.
You do know you cannot just copy websites right ?

See this at the bottom of the page.
© 2009-2013 A Cagintranet Networks Production

You also cannot host your own copies of getsimple and call them getsimple.
Don't know how I missed this one today...

Are you seriously asking us to comment a ripoff of the GetSimple site??

Quote:What do you think about that?
I know that others have tried the same in the past, but I think I have a different idea of what this should be, and a different mind.

You've ripped off the official site and covered it in shitty ads !!

How is this a different idea? you've added nothing?

Why didn't you go the whole hog and use the images aswell.

Not Impressed....
This is how to do a country site and give something back to the community

http://www.get-simple.de/
Hi! First of all, thanks for your replies. I'm very happy with all of them. It is very important for me to get feedbacks. It's the first time for me in this kind of project, and I'm sure I will do mistakes. Different POV will help me to improve the website

One by one:

@marrco yeah, you are right. The download should be rethinked. No Viruses or malware are sure as soon as I work in a debian stable environment, and I simply add the lang file, the translation of GPLv3 and a translated readme.txt. Anyway download stats should be under GS official team's control. Tomorrow I will change the downoad links
I'm writing a couple of themes to upload oto extend, but I don't know for this one.

@shawn_a that is not a copy as soon as all the code has been written by me. It is close to it, and it is like that because it is a sort of simple translation of the original website. I've linked back to cragitranet networks in the footer, and to get simple as well many times in the entire website. That's probably unfair, but I could do that (check out GPL). Anyway I've not modified a single string of code, only added some translations and included the lang file. Anyway, as I wrote above, It can has been a mistake, so I'm going to change that.

@n00dles101 different from previous attempts as my donation links points to official donation page and the whole contrib. page is a plain translation. Some ad will help to pay the hosting and the time I've spent translating, nothing more.

http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=1418

That's what I was talking about.
If you think it is inappropriate I will consider the option to reduce the ads number (anyway they are 2 in HP and 5 total in the other pages) I've tried to keep the look and feel of GS for the above reasons. Do you think that a complete differrnt layout would be better?

Had a look at the german site, but I don't speak german at all. It looks like you are kidding me. German is more than half official, and I'm sure you know it. Anyway it's a first point, I hope that with a growing community, requests and ideas it will take his own way.

To be honest I felt a bit attacked and I do not understand why. Thanks anyway for the feedbacks, I'll make treasure of all of them
You still cannot copy copyrighted works even if you reproduce it by yourself. This is called derivative work and is still covered by copyright.

Copying something then changing it all so it is not the "same", is still copyright violation and does not get you around it.

FYI
This guy is putting his time and effort into propagating GS, helping GS users and making it a better experience.

He should be welcomed, encouraged and helped. You should open an Italian Forum today and link it to his site.
I have no problem with what you are trying to do.

I just have a problem with you copying the look and feel of the GetSimple theme which is copyright of Chris, which is already a GS theme which he has not released to the public.

So to me the look and feel of your site would make me think its and official GS site, which it is not.

Other than that your new to the forum, you've had 1 post before this one today.
You post a ripoff site of ours and cover if in Ads and offer a download of GS which is not official,
so it all looks a little fishy.

If it was different design the comments today would have been totally different.

If someone wants another language section on the Forum opened up please request it in the forum, but we will need someone to moderate each section.

We already had requests for a Russian section (http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=2110)
which didn't take off...
@Timbow Thank you very much! Hope that others will start to appreciate too in the next future.

@shawn_a It is not a copy, It looks similar, so it can be definded "inspired". As soon as we are talking of code (and you are a developer according with your status) you must admit, that if somethings looks similar but the code who generates it is different it can't be defined a copy. I didn't had a single look at the code of the GS theme, except for some colors picked from a screenshot. Anyway my intention was not to copy or plague (I'm not using it for any new/different CMS or anthing else). Looking at your reactions, I will start to make a new theme today. I hope it will be ready to replace the actual one in a couple of days.

@n00dles101 Ok give me a couple of days and I will change theme. No SEO yet under the skin, so the website is still a sort of ghost. I've changed download links to official, removed some ads, put on top the donation button. I would like to offer the italian patched package (as it was from wordpress-it.it before wordpress officially gave them the management of the IT localized package) At the moment I link to the official GS and to a patch pack. What can we do to improve that to make possible the best user experience? The sad thing is that you looked only at the skn, and nothing else. I should have posted in the theme section... I don't think anybody could think that an italian site with many references to the "official website" is the offical one. Anyway, as I've wrote, I'm working to fix it.

My account is new because I read a lot...
It sounded as if you said that is was not a copy when you were finished writing.
Language gap.

You did not say you made it from scratch.
(2013-01-24, 05:02:13)-FrA- Wrote: [ -> ]Had a look at the german site, but I don't speak german at all. It looks like you are kidding me. German is more than half official, and I'm sure you know it. Anyway it's a first point, I hope that with a growing community, requests and ideas it will take his own way.

I cannot address by name because you do not tell your name. If you want to propagate GetSimple you should inform who is doing that. You write:

"Sito ufficiale di GetSimple" where GetSimple is a link to the proper GetSimple site. This text looks as if your site were a "official site of GetSimple" and that is not true.

"Copyright © 2012 - 2013 Get Simple CMS Italia" WHO is Get Simple CMS Italia?

What you write about the german site is absolutely wrong. You could have used GoogleTranslation or other service to see that this site is not "half official" at all.

- opposite to your behaviour I name the team and the clear names.

- the site is registered by me and paid by me

- the content is completely written by the two authors and not just a bunch of links to the original site

- Opposite to you I contribute to GetSimple by translating, moderating, contributing to the forum, the wiki (as we see you did not post at least one thing, you are not contributing any content at all)

- because of my engagement, I grew into becoming a member of the "team"

- when Polyfragmentde and I started GS Germany, we decided to use the standard theme which comes with the package, this is use of the CMS and not copying the GS website at all

so, now to your site:
to me your site looks like a plagiat. No own content at all. And made from Scratch? Copying a layout, the icons, the images and linking the complete content whithout own content?

I used who-is-information.
- Are you Francesco Scotti?
- Is this your website: http://www.francescoscotti.com/under_con...nance.html ?
if so, why don't you work on your own site but plagiate other sites? ;=)

- or is this your site: http://francesco.scotti.cc ?
if you are tech consultant and webdesigner you should be able to differ between copying and creating !

I suggest to re-start if you want to contribute. To give something to the community, maybe a collection of italian translations, engagement in the community in the forum etc.

Your start here was not a good one.
(2013-01-24, 14:10:06)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]It sounded as if you said that is was not a copy when you were finished writing.
Language gap.
Sarcastic? Rolleyes
(2013-01-24, 14:10:06)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]You did not say you made it from scratch.

Sorry but from my first post:

Quote: I hope you enjoy it. The Theme is 100% written from scratch.

In my opinion consider it a copy is wrong because it is like to say that all burning software are a copy of the first one. All them have a very similar GUI, they do the same thing and they look similar. K3B is commonly considered a copy of Nero? Huh

The aim of the similar look an feel was the (probably wrong) idea to make people comfortable reading the faithful translation I've done. It was not my intention to make people believe that get-simple.it was the official website.

Anyway this is MHO Smile

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot address by name because you do not tell your name. If you want to propagate GetSimple you should inform who is doing that.

You are right under many POV. I did not that simply because I though it was a bit rude to write my name. I thought it could be like "hey, look at me, I've done this!", but your reasons are probably more important, so I'm going to link it to my website.

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]You write:

"Sito ufficiale di GetSimple" where GetSimple is a link to the proper GetSimple site. This text looks as if your site were a "official site of GetSimple" and that is not true.

Language gap? That's clearly a backlink to the official website. I've added a title to specify that now, but I assure you that for an italian user that one is a reference link to the official website, which means exactly the opposite, the site you are in is not the offical one. It looks like if there is a 50% choice to interpret something you automatically choose the one who makes me appear a thief.

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]"Copyright © 2012 - 2013 Get Simple CMS Italia" WHO is Get Simple CMS Italia?

Fixed

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]What you write about the german site is absolutely wrong. You could have used GoogleTranslation or other service to see that this site is not "half official" at all.

Don't you appear in the official Team?

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]- opposite to your behaviour I name the team and the clear names.

Fixed

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]- the site is registered by me and paid by me

Same

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]- the content is completely written by the two authors and not just a bunch of links to the original site

I've translated all the stuff in the site, google works, but its translation to italian are very poor. The languages roots are very different, and italian It's a very complcated one. I thank the big G for their translator, but with italian thy are still far from a good result.

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]- Opposite to you I contribute to GetSimple by translating, moderating, contributing to the forum, the wiki (as we see you did not post at least one thing, you are not contributing any content at all)

I'm working on it. I've translated some pages of the official website, and I'm working on two themes to upload to extend. I need to start somewhere, don't you think? I've made only one request on the forum previously. That's true. I'm quite new to GetSimple.

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]- because of my engagement, I grew into becoming a member of the "team"

That is good for you, probably you are simply better than me. I'm probably not enough for this community.

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]- when Polyfragmentde and I started GS Germany, we decided to use the standard theme which comes with the package, this is use of the CMS and not copying the GS website at all

Again, it was not my intention to copy. I'm working on it, what more can I do?
-FrA- Wrote:The aim of the similar look an feel was the (probably wrong) idea to make people comfortable reading the faithful translation I've done. It was not my intention to make people believe that get-simple.it was the official website.

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]so, now to your site:
to me your site looks like a plagiat. No own content at all. And made from Scratch? Copying a layout, the icons, the images and linking the complete content whithout own content?

I've translated every single word. It was a translation. Again, It is a starting point for something that will (hopefully) grow in the future.

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]I used who-is-information.
- Are you Francesco Scotti?

Yes

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]- Is this your website: http://www.francescoscotti.com/under_con...nance.html ?

No

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]if so, why don't you work on your own site but plagiate other sites? ;=)

not mine

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]- or is this your site: http://francesco.scotti.cc ?
if you are tech consultant and webdesigner you should be able to differ between copying and creating !

It is a fact that my idea has been misinterpreted and I'm trying to remedy this by modifying the theme. Can we move a bit forward and evaluate the rest of the work I've done? I've spent time translating the references, the goals, the ways to contribute and the strength point of GetSimple. What's wrong with that?

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest to re-start if you want to contribute. To give something to the community, maybe a collection of italian translations, engagement in the community in the forum etc.

Exactly what I'm doing in the download section. Have you browsed anything more than the HP?

(2013-01-24, 15:50:27)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]Your start here was not a good one.

Useful feedback (or a judgment from the above?). Thank you.
I will definitively take some time to modify the look of get-simple.it, and in the meanwhile I will think if I want to continue with this adventure. Probably there is plenty of people out there, better than me, that is working for GS and spreading it in Italy. That's way there are all those Italian users that you had to open a dedicated forum section, and that's why when I search Google for "Get simple Ita" this post is the first result.

Sad

Anyway I apologize if I offended anyone with the "copy" of the first theme.
I'm already working on its revision.
Hi Francesco, just a few words about your supposed translation. It's a quick job, with errors and typos. I'd say nothing more than a revised Google translation of a few pages. For me this is a deja-vu, we already had someone trying to be the 'Italian getsimple" without being first an active member here. What's your experience with getsimple, how much have you already contributed to it? It's not easy for me to believe you're not just trying to profit on GS good name to sell a few ads.

Seriously, what's your point with that site? You're not the first one trying that strategy, and my educated guess is that adwords won't pay for hosting and domain registration.

> Some ad will help to pay the hosting and the time I've spent translating, nothing more.

Nothing more? Good, so i propose you a deal: I can host your website for free if you remove all the ads and really contribute to the project with translation, themes etc, or better, I will buy for you an other .it domain if you transfer that one to me. So you won't even lose your domain registration money. About getting paid for ripping and translating a few gs official website pages, i won't even comment on that.
(2013-01-24, 18:45:02)marrco Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Francesco, just a few words about your supposed translation. It's a quick job, with errors and typos. I'd say nothing more than a revised Google translation of a few pages. For me this is a deja-vu, we already had someone trying to be the 'Italian getsimple" without being first an active member here. What's your experience with getsimple, how much have you already contributed to it? It's not easy for me to believe you're not just trying to profit on GS good name to sell a few ads.

I've spent many hours translating it word by word. You can' tell me that.
I.E.

Google:
Quote:GetSimple è basato su XML, stand-un-alone, completamente indipendente e lite Content Management System. Per andare avanti con il suo best-in-class interfaccia utente, lo abbiamo caricato con le caratteristiche che ogni sito ha bisogno, ma senza niente non è così.

Mine:
Quote:GetSimple è un Content Management System basato su XML, stand-alone, completamente indipendente e leggero. Per potare avanti la sua interfaccia migliore della classe, lo abbiamo dotato di tutte le caratteristiche di cui ogni sito ha bisogno, ma senza niente di superfluo.

I've done very few until now. I'm quite new to GetSimple as I wrote.
I'm at the very beginning. I need a starting point, isn't it? Why can't be this one.

(2013-01-24, 18:45:02)marrco Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, what's your point with that site? You're not the first one trying that strategy, and my educated guess is that adwords won't pay for hosting and domain registration.

So I must be the same!!!
It looks like you all are making me paying now for other's faults.

(2013-01-24, 18:45:02)marrco Wrote: [ -> ]> Some ad will help to pay the hosting and the time I've spent translating, nothing more.

Nothing more? Good, so i propose you a deal: I can host your website for free if you remove all the ads and really contribute to the project with translation, themes etc, or better, I will buy for you an other .it domain if you transfer that one to me. So you won't even lose your domain registration money. About getting paid for ripping and translating a few gs official website pages, i won't even comment on that.

This is my idea and my project, so I will not give it away. If you want to help me, start sending useful feedbacks, where are the errors i.e., so I can fix them.
I've already removed all the ads except for one referral.

Have you really offered to buy another domain for me? What I should be supposed to do with it? Dodgy

As soon as my themes will be ready I will upload them, but this is another story. If you want to contribute with Ideas or anything else you are the welcome, and I will provide you with an account on GetSimple.it.
(2013-01-24, 19:39:11)-FrA- Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to contribute with Ideas or anything else you are the welcome, and I will provide you with an account on GetSimple.it.

There's only one GetSimple CMS project, this, and i'm already contributing to it. Sorry i won't spend my time to correct your translations.
(2013-01-24, 20:07:40)marrco Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-24, 19:39:11)-FrA- Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to contribute with Ideas or anything else you are the welcome, and I will provide you with an account on GetSimple.it.

There's only one GetSimple CMS project, this, and i'm already contributing to it. Sorry i won't spend my time to correct your translations.

That's all you have to say?

Well, I can be new with GS and this community, but I've been around in the web for more than 15 years and I've seen many like you. Good at criticizing, always ready to throw s**t on others and most important, aggressive and brighter from behind a keyboard. Now you all know who I am, I'm putting my self in the game. What about you? Who are you? 100 post in a community makes you someone?

I was in the startup team of Debianizzati.org, I've translated tons of docs and how-two for the Debian project, I've uploaded my works to gnome-look and xfce-look.org. So I know, I'm going to do something good. If don't believe in me I don't care, but don't try again to put me under a bad light. I'm not creating an alternative project to getsimple, and I'm not trying to stole anything to anyone.

Thank you for your non-help. Probably it would have been more quick for you to write me where the errors are ('cause you already know where they are!?) Instead of writing down this useless post. But as I wrote, you are probably that kind of person.

I'm probably lucky you don't want to waste your time with me. Wink
Anyone can set up their own GetSimple site. It's great to have a new one.

Anyone can distribute the GS software. That's one of the fundamentals of the GNU GPL License.

Anyone can put advertising on their site. I hope it works.

If you want to use the official GetSimple logo to link back to the official site you are encouraged to do so. That is good. If Chris Cagle designed get-simple.info then if you want to use other elements of his design you should speak with Chris, preferably first. That's all. There is no reason for outrage.

A project like GS needs new users all the time. This project particularly needs tutorials, sites and demos for newbies and for other languages. It's great to have a new one.

A project like GS is kept going by the one in a thousand users who will do stuff like write a tutorial, contribute code, make a translation, generate publicity, give a theme. Those users are gold to a project like this. It's great to have another one. Only a fool would drive them away.

Francesco - You must be very disappointed at the comments here. I want to assure you that this forum is like any other internet forum; generally good, friendly, helpful and inclusive. You will only occasionally see bad manners and ill feeling. I sincerely hope you will not be discouraged and that you will continue with your site. Let me say loudly and clearly:

BENVENUTO! WELCOME! WELCOME!
Thank you very much Timbow.

Since you are here, spending your time writing down these lines, I can believe your words. Don't worry, I will go on with my project.

(2013-01-24, 22:37:30)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to use the official GetSimple logo to link back to the official site you are encouraged to do so. That is good. If Chris Cagle designed get-simple.info then if you want to use other elements of his design you should speak with Chris, preferably first. That's all. There is no reason for outrage.

I agree, I've been misunderstood, and was not my intention to plagiarize his work. I'm working on the look of my website, and I'm going to fix that point. I've made a mistake, but it has been made in good faith.

(2013-01-24, 22:37:30)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]BENVENUTO! WELCOME! WELCOME!

Thank you very very much. Blush
Thanks for trying to help us spread GetSimple CMS to Italian users.
However, I think you should link to our official downloads not provide something from Dropbox. If it has a virus in your copy, (not saying you would put it in there on purpose, but shit happens), it will reflect badly upon the official project even though it would not be our fault.

if you would like hosting for it, I would be happy to provide that for you for free. Rather not have any ads, instead set up a hosting account. It's so simple Smile
(2013-01-25, 05:11:12)shovenose Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for trying to help us spread GetSimple CMS to Italian users.
However, I think you should link to our official downloads not provide something from Dropbox. If it has a virus in your copy, (not saying you would put it in there on purpose, but shit happens), it will reflect badly upon the official project even though it would not be our fault.

if you would like hosting for it, I would be happy to provide that for you for free. Rather not have any ads, instead set up a hosting account. It's so simple Smile

Thank you Shovenose. The download for GetSimple already links to your official files:
http://get-simple.info/latest

The only link to dropbox is for the italian patch I've made. It is a temporary solution. Maybe I can upload it to extend. No more ADS at this time. It looks like I have to prove my honesty this way...that's fine for me. I can face that.

I'm sure I can provide it without any virus or malware since I'm a professionist in this field.

Thank you. Smile
Am wondering why the main site (this website) isn't multi-language capable. Then we don't need these separate sites..
There is a Google translator at the bottom.
(2013-02-27, 11:26:23)shovenose Wrote: [ -> ]There is a Google translator at the bottom.

A bad translation is often worse than no translation.
Hello everybody.
After few years I have no time to keep up with this project. I received no help from the community, I translated what today is the Italian section of the wiki, but nobody helped out. Never. No support from the official community meant nobody wants to help me.
I have no more time to waste in this, so, if anyone is interested, I'm giving away FOR FREE the domain get-simple.it
Just post the transfer request, I'll give you the EPP Auth Code.
You have time 'till November 7, 2016, than it will be unavailable for one year.
See ya.
Pages: 1 2