GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: "index" page shows only a file directory list instead of the "index" page content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a successful installation. I can create new pages and they show up as they should. The only thing that does not work is the special "index" page itself.

When I call this page from the admin/pages.php via "#" or when I type the site URL in the browser, I get a simple file list of the GetSimpleCMS root directory.

When I call the index.php in the site root directory directly it shows the "index" page correctly.

A workaround is to insert a new index.html file with a redirect to the index.php.

But there certainly has to be a reason why the standard example in the installation does not work for me.

My installation:
- Windows 7 (yeah I know, its supposed to be UNIX...)
- Apache 2.2
- PHP 5.2.17
- I installed GetSimpleCMS in a subdirectory of the Apache Webserver root. So it is not directly located at the root of the Webserver (htdocs\GetSimpleTest\... (here is the installation)).
index.php might not be set as a index in your apache config.
check your apache config for
DirectoryIndex
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dir.html
Yeah that must be the problem. I have not done this for Apache, only included the PHPxxx.dll destination. I will take a look at that (I am kind of a newbie in running Apache).

Thanks a lot!!!

Yeah. It works now. Again, thank you for the quick reply!!!
you should just use xamp or easyphp or something if you are just testing on windows.
I'll keep these two in my mind. I have quite some programming experience with Java, Smalltalk, but not so much with web programming (Apache configuration, logging, ...). I see how far I can go with just plain Apache/PHP/GetSimpleCMS, but if I run into problems and need better debugging options, I take a look at these two you recommended.
Well they make installing it all easy as pie, and mysql. Its all one click installed and configured.
And you can run it portable.
some short info:

there is a directive for .htaccess-file to define what to do when the URL loads a directory but no file:

if that is the case, all files of that directory will be presented as a list.
To prevent his, add this directive to your .htacces-file:

Code:
Options All -Indexes

if you have more than one index-file, you can define which of these should be the default index-file if the URL loads a directory but not a file:

for example:

Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

defines that if index.php exists it should be loaded in case the URL contains no file-name prior to other index-files.