GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Info-Messages are not shown on pages.php in case of delete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

have a strange problem with the error-messages on pages.php

If I try to delete the index-page, it shouldn't be deleted but an error-message should be displayed that the index-page can't be deleted. I am very sure I saw it on its first appearance, but now it won't display any more. The same is, if a page is deleted - after asking whether I'm sure, the page is being deleted, but no message appears at all.

The messages are displayed, if I disable javascript, so I guess it has something to do with that. Does anybody have a clue what could be wrong there?

To be sure that it don't affect on changes I made on the code, I installed a fresh 2.0 version and tried it also on opensourcecms-demo, all with the same effect .

Thanks for any advice
- Daniel
Interesting, this will need looking into. I thought to bump into this problem when I was developing a plugin as well. Thanks for bringing this up!
This is because i tried to remove the page-refresh after page deletion. The page is still moved into "Backups", so an undo is still possible... I just couldn't find a way to display the confirmation message via javascript. When you turn off JS, PHP takes over and the error message is displayed (and the page refreshes)
Is this behaviour different to them of upload.php? I compared both php-files, but I didn't see the difference. At upload.php the messages are shown as expected...
puhhh, today I had some time to step into the jquery API and this javascript to get a solution for this. Somehow I figured out to get the error or update message from the response and place it onto the current page:

Code:
$(".delconfirm").live("click", function() {

var message = $(this).attr("title");

var dlink = $(this).attr("href");

var answer = confirm(message);

var id=$(this).parents("tr").attr("id");

if (answer){

$('#loader').show();

$("#"+id).addClass('deletedrow');

$("#"+id).fadeOut(500, function(){

$.ajax({

type: "GET",

url: dlink,

success: function(response){

$("#"+id).remove();

$("#page_counter").html("");

if($("#pg_counter").length) {

counter=$("#pg_counter").html();

$("#pg_counter").html(counter-1);

}

$('table.paginate tr').quickpaginate( { perpage: 15, showcounter: true, pager : $("#page_counter") } );

//return false;

//******* added by dniesel:

if($(response).find('div.error').html()) {

$('div.bodycontent').before('<div class="error">'+ $(response).find('div.error').html() + '</div>'); }

if($(response).find('div.updated').html()) {

$('div.bodycontent').before('<div class="updated">'+ $(response).find('div.updated').html() + '</div>'); }

//******

}

});

$('#loader').fadeOut(500);

});

} else {

return false;

}

return false;

});
That worked perfectly... thank you very much!!