GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: GetSimple 3.2 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Known Issues:
  • Undo link after deleting pages is missing.
  • Upgrading from 3.0, data/cache will not be created
Honored to be the first to say Congratulations and a big Thank You to all the hard-working devs.
Congratulations to all the devs that helped to put this out. Looking forward to running it with my next project. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.
just updated a few of my sites. Works great, definitely the best GS version ever!
Nice. Great job Smile
Thank you!

Working ...
Awesome!
Incredible work!
It's so cool, I was searching all day yesterday for Micro CMS that was on a GPLv3 or similar license and I happen to stumble upon GS the same day of a new release!
<3 awesome!
WebDevandPhoto perfect time to find our CMS... you'll like it!
Is there a changelog anywhere? Would love to see in detail what happens!

Great work, great system, use it all the time with lots of different clients!
On the dl page
Thanks to all the devs, i just updated a couple of live sites then noticed, on a development server with php errors on, that something is wrong with the p01 contact plugin... I'll investigate it.
Great work Smile
Thank you very much!
(2013-02-14, 01:06:37)Andreino Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to all the devs, i just updated a couple of live sites then noticed, on a development server with php errors on, that something is wrong with the p01 contact plugin... I'll investigate it.
Great work Smile

Yes, me too.
Good job. I'm Get Simple big fan. I will test it, but now question - is some "blog like" or news system included now?
(2013-02-14, 01:06:37)Andreino Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to all the devs, i just updated a couple of live sites then noticed, on a development server with php errors on, that something is wrong with the p01 contact plugin... I'll investigate it.
Great work Smile

Yes, me too.

Only on wampserver, not on the remote web server I am getting this notice across the top of every page

( ! ) Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\wamp\www\phillips\plugins\p01-contact_gs.php on line 69
Call Stack
# Time Memory Function Location
1 0.0010 395352 {main}( ) ..\index.php:0
2 0.0034 480560 include( 'C:\wamp\www\phillips\admin\inc\common.php' ) ..\index.php:34
3 0.0255 1488968 include_once( 'C:\wamp\www\phillips\admin\inc\plugin_functions.php' ) ..\common.php:226
4 0.0739 2252576 require_once( 'C:\wamp\www\phillips\plugins\p01-contact_gs.php' ) ..\plugin_functions.php:73
5 0.0808 2613232 admin_email( ) ..\p01-contact_gs.php:19

The contact form on the page appears to be unaffected.
What does
C:\wamp\www\phillips\plugins\p01-contact_gs.php on line 69
say
(2013-02-15, 01:36:14)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]What does
C:\wamp\www\phillips\plugins\p01-contact_gs.php on line 69
say

PHP Code:
return $data->EMAIL

Oh. I entered an email in the plugin config page, and I had one in the main settings, but still the same error.

The preceding lines are as below
PHP Code:
/*
 * Return GS admin email
 * @return string
 */
function admin_email()
{

$data getXML(GSDATAOTHERPATH 'user.xml');
    return 
$data->EMAIL;

Looks like that plugin is pre-GS 3.0
There must be a patch for that in its forum thread, people have posted several ones since it was no longer maintained.

[EDIT] well it may not be exactly this, but related.

[EDIT2] I think it may be because function getXML is more strict now, and that file (user.xml) does not exist.

A quick possible fix:
Remove those 2 lines in the function and leave it like this:
PHP Code:
function admin_email()
{
    return 
'youremail@whatever.com';

yeah users are now in data/users/
or
GSUSERSPATH

and fielname is the username or $USR
Okay, I will try those ideas and I see the same problem cropped up 12 months ago
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread...33&page=13

but not now, I have some things to finish. Thanks.
Timbow: you should read latest replies in p01 contact plugin thread.
SendAnonymousData brings error when previewing:

Code:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/......./html/plugins/anonymous_data.php on line 48

why?

I found another small tiny bug where I have no idea why:

at www.get-simple.de and and at another client's page it is GetSimple 3.2 (the last one is a fresh install)
both use the same german language file for version 3.2 which is available in the extend

at "our" site, the strings at the login-page are translated:
"BACK_TO_WEBSITE" is: "Zur Webseite"

at the client's site, the strings at the login-page is not translated:
"BACK_TO_WEBSITE" is: "Back to Website"

how comes?
Login page uses default en_us translation file.
If you want to force another language, add a language line in gsconfig like:
$LANG = 'de_DE';

I now remember what I wanted to ask about this matter.
Cookie set after first login should also contain users language, so when he wants to log again to admin panel, the chosen lang would be based on cookie.
PHP Code:
WarningInvalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/......./html/plugins/anonymous_data.php on line 48 

connie, what version of php is that running, and what does health check say ?

The offending function call is
PHP Code:
        $preview_data->addChild('number_files'count(glob_recursive(GSDATAUPLOADPATH.'*'))); 
Does your upload folder exist ? Readable ?
After upgrading a GS 3.0 site, directly to 3.2.0, everything seems to be ok, except for the Admin Plugin management page, where I got tons of errors like:

Warning: file_put_contents([...]/data/cache/5d5a0ed5c0cf987316c828c904da89d0.txt) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [...]/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1062

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in [...]/admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 1063

To fix this I created a cache folder inside the site's data folder, and then those errors disappeared.
Pages: 1 2