GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: I18N Navigation - list index page in submenu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm only using the submenu and removed the top navigation from the header. excluding the index page all pages are in the submenu. how can i display the index page in the submenu as well?
(2013-02-16, 05:14:07)Cuby Wrote: [ -> ]i'm only using the submenu and removed the top navigation from the header. excluding the index page all pages are in the submenu. how can i display the index page in the submenu as well?

What are you trying to do? What do you mean with "in the submenu"?
Do you mean that you want to show the main navigation in the sidebar instead of in the header of the page?
In any case the get_i18n_navigation function displays the navigation according to the hierarchical structure in which you put the pages. If you want all the pages on the same level in the navigation than put them all at the top level (no parent) or below the same parent.
(2013-02-16, 05:43:35)mvlcek Wrote: [ -> ]What are you trying to do? What do you mean with "in the submenu"?
Do you mean that you want to show the main navigation in the sidebar instead of in the header of the page?
Yes, that's what I actually wanted. But I didn't know how, so I moved all pages to the 2nd navigation level. Now they're in the sidebar. Only the index remains on top level because it can't be moved.

(2013-02-16, 05:43:35)mvlcek Wrote: [ -> ]In any case the get_i18n_navigation function displays the navigation according to the hierarchical structure in which you put the pages. If you want all the pages on the same level in the navigation than put them all at the top level (no parent) or below the same parent.

All I want for now is the index paged to be displayed like a 2nd level navigation item, so that it can be seen in the sidebar menu. For now I duplicated the index page so that there is a copy of it on 2nd level navigation in the sidebar menu. In the long run that's inconvenient though because I have to apply changed to both of the pages everytime.
why don't you use a theme which has a menu in the sidebar and no horizontal menue on top?????

You didn't tell us which theme you use, but there are themes with left navigation
(2013-03-03, 00:06:47)Connie Wrote: [ -> ]why don't you use a theme which has a menu in the sidebar and no horizontal menue on top?????

You didn't tell us which theme you use, but there are themes with left navigation

Sorry, I forgot to mention: I use Innovation Theme.
I started using it because it has some nice features and now it's definitely too late to switch. I didn't find any other nice ones with a sidebar. The website is already satisfying now. Only this one maintenance problem with the index page that is not listed in submenu remains.