GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Problem: Have to always refresh pages to see new content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this problem for practically Every single page of GetSimple.

Say for example, I edit a page. If I later go to edit the page, I will see the OLD version of the page in the edit box. I need to refresh that edit page to see the NEW edited texts.

It's similar for practically everything else on the site, and it has caused me to lose changes as I sometimes forget to manually refresh the page EVERY single time.

There must be a way to fix this behavior?? I tried disabling my browser's Cache and that did not help at all. If it helps, I am hosting on SourceForge Project Web.

Thanks in advance Smile

EDIT: I have tested this issue in Safari and Google Chrome. Same results. :|
I have this problem on this domain , but have never seen it before.
I wonder if we are not using proper cache headers in gs, or if that host has some kind of bad caching proxy.
I am also hosting a phpbb3 forum on my Sourceforge project web and I have no similar problems. So I am pretty curious.

Ok, I fixed it.

In the Root of my GetSimple installation,
I put the following @ the end of My .htaccess file.

Code:
<FilesMatch "\.(php)$">
    <IfModule mod_expires.c>
        ExpiresActive Off
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
        Header set Cache-Control "private, no-cache, no-store, proxy-revalidate, no-transform"
    </IfModule>
</FilesMatch>

I got this code from: http://get-simple.info/wiki/config:htacc...timization

Here's a quote:
Code:
Depending on your setup you may need to add the following lines, to prevent caching of the admin pages, and the edited pages therein:

Now the admin pages update automatically Smile i checked by deactivating/activating plugins without refreshing, and the editor, changing pages. it all works. It also works from the end-user perspective. I don't need to manually refresh the actual pages themselves either. YAY HOOORAY for the repair!!!
Well this works but it also overrides cache control for everything ans public side.
I used to have that problem on this website/domain but don't anymore. @shawn_a are you still having the problem, because nothing is changed Sad