GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Small validation fixes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Attributes "rows" and "cols" for "textarea" tag are required to proper validaton according to: http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_textarea.asp.
Hmm, I must say I do not really see the importance of this change. We might as well switch DocType to HTML5 and that’ll fix it to. But thanks for the heads up.
Simek is right. This is required for strict standards. My only problem with this being such a strict standard is that it can 100% be controlled by css.
internet54 Wrote:This is required for strict standards. My only problem with this being such a strict standard is that it can 100% be controlled by css.
My question than is, do you need your admin section to validate even when the mentioned fault never leads to problems? I’ve never seen a browser have issues with the attributes being left out and it is no hinder for accessibility either. Besides that we are already giving it sizes through CSS.

The fix as it’s given here will make the page validate but it bears no new data at all and seems unnecessary. Having empty attributes shouldn’t even validate—IMHO—as the HTML specification clearly states that they should contain a number. The new HTML5 spec gets it right by giving standard values in case nothing is specified.